What's your drink? (1 Viewer)

Jim Daniels

Burls Forever
Supporter
Threads
Website
twitter.com
I had bottle the other night, it didn't look as good as that pint though. Guinness isn't all that great really.
Yeah, the bottles aren't great. Same with most bottled stouts I think. But the pint on draught is lovely. Just like it looks.

Guinness definitely tastes a lot better in a small county pub - don't know why they deny it.
And it couldn't be just the "pipes".

The septic

Threads
I find with the craft beers I have to be very sensible or I wake up feeling like a drunken grizzly beer is in the middle of having a shite on the nerves that attach my brain to my skull.

Drinking and being sensible are rarely in the same room in my gaff.

Fairplay Moose for keeping it real with the auld Buckie. You might want to buy stock in Gaviscon now

IFF

Supporter
Threads
a friend of mine was trying to use me as his wingman on a night out once a couple of years ago. of course, one of the problems he found as me being his wingman was that i am not an alcohol drinker. he felt this was offputting to females he wanted to chat up . the drink he ordered for me was "a virgin screwdriver" as he figured this looked less bad from his perspective and prospects.

7 - No tomorrow

Feisty
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
On a platform shaped like a HIV positive foetus, a
Website
theppk.com
a friend of mine was trying to use me as his wingman on a night out once a couple of years ago. of course, one of the problems he found as me being his wingman was that i am not an alcohol drinker. he felt this was offputting to females he wanted to chat up . the drink he ordered for me was "a virgin screwdriver" as he figured this looked less bad from his perspective and prospects.
I was out with a girl last week that was drinking a "Shirley Temple.... with vodka"

Kind of hot.

Squiggle

Born-again non-smoker
Supporter
Threads
Website
www.myspace.com
Hendricks G&T I can definitely get behind. Used to be G&T all the way for me until about 7 years ago when I switched to Whiskey. Jameson and water or hot Jameson in pubs... Redbreast 15, Middleton and Bunnahabhain (not sure of the spelling) at home for preference.

Can't go wrong with a hot port either. My favourite cocktail is an Old Fashioned - the horseshoe bar in the Shelbourne does a very good one, I like Long Island Ice Tea too.

Coffee wise, double espresso... never triples after a crazy triple triple espresso experience about 10 years ago.

Of course, all of this has been seriously curtailed in the past few years... making me appreciate it all the more when I can indulge in a small way.

riath

Threads
I drink whatever beer has the pretties bottle.
It's served me well over the years.

Benny Cake

Supporter
Threads
I wouldn't drink Jack Daniels just out of protest against their good ol' boys down on the farm bullshit ads in the London underground.

ernesto

lover not a fighter
Supporter
Threads
Website
strikeaction.bandcamp.com
The Aldi own-brand stuff is made by the same lads.
really? i thought i could taste a difference. drinking a bottle right now. also its only 4.3% and the ohara's is 5.5%

^other than those two, my drinks of choice would be:

siera nevada IPAa
galway hooker
kilkenny
guinness
cobra
white russians
bushmills
jameson
bombay saphire with gin
irish coffee
hot port and brandy
some ginger beers
elderflower cordial and soda water with vodka is pretty terrific too but you may have a full blown vagina if you drink too much of that

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• Change
    Memory
    Cindy Wilson
    Change

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads