What's wrong with thumped.com? (2 Viewers)

moar

broken stuff, missing stuff, stupid stuff, pointless stuff, all of it

where's faster? i still have some DNS cheating i can do to speed up page loads...
i know a lot of it will have to do with how beefy the backend is; but i suspect like most posters, i usually use the 'new posts' link in the top menu, so never have to refer to the 'new posts' and 'new threads' boxes on top right.
is it possible to make the 'similar threads' option at the bottom into a link, so it doesn't have to parse this info on each page load? or is this generated dynamically?

i know a lot of it will have to do with how beefy the backend is; but i suspect like most posters, i usually use the 'new posts' link in the top menu, so never have to refer to the 'new posts' and 'new threads' boxes on top right.
is it possible to make the 'similar threads' option at the bottom into a link, so it doesn't have to parse this info on each page load? or is this generated dynamically?

those boxes on the right are generated & cached once every few minutes, so shouldn't affect page load. might lose the New Posts box if people think it's redundant?

what i might do is see if the new posts list can be made (part of) the default /bbs page.

the similar threads thing - does anyone even use it? i know i don't. might switch it off & see if anyone notices. as far as i know it's generated once per thread then never changes.

earnest musicians who naively think they can promote their wares without getting vilified and ridiculed...more of them too please

the similar threads thing - does anyone even use it? i know i don't. might switch it off & see if anyone notices. as far as i know it's generated once per thread then never changes.

I quite like it - its good if you have searched to see if there is a thread on a particular topic (say an author) and having picked one, notice that there are better/ more viewed threads on the same topic (author). But don't mind me!

I think there is a perception that the forum is the be-all-and-end-all of Thumped.com. I myself have the forum bookmarked, rather than the home page, which is a pity, 'cause when I do check out the home page, its full of great interviews/ reviews etc. I notice an increase in "news" posts to these articles, which is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back