What's Wrong With Being Sexy ?? (1 Viewer)

evil bandit

Website
Visit site
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-linesman--Apprentice-star-Karren-Brady.html

Sky Sports presenters Andy Gray and Richard Keys were at the centre of a sexism row last night after they questioned whether a female linesman knew the offside rule during a Premier League football match.
The commentators, who apparently believed their microphones were switched off, were recorded making disparaging remarks about Sian Massey, 25, before Liverpool’s Premiership clash with Wolves yesterday.
They also criticised Apprentice star and West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady who had yesterday written about sexism in a newspaper column.
Commenting on Ms Massey, Mr Keys said: ‘Somebody better get down there and explain offside to her.’
Mr Gray, a former Scottish international footballer, replied: ‘Can you believe that? A female linesman. Women don’t know the offside rule.’
Mr Keys replied: ‘Course they don’t. I can guarantee you there will be a big one today. Kenny (Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish) will go potty. This isn’t the first time, is it? Didn’t we have one before?’

The Sky presenters made disparaging remarks about assistant referee Sian Massey
Later in the exchange, Mr Keys said: ‘The game’s gone mad. Did you hear charming Karren Brady this morning complaining about sexism? Do me a favour, love.’
Ms Brady had said she had ‘experienced sexism at its rankest, lies about my personal life and a level of calculated mischief that is simply appalling’.
Asked about the pundits’ remarks, she said: ‘I think this just sums up everything I said in my column.’
During the game, which Liverpool won 3-0, Ms Massey angered Wolves by refusing to rule Raul Meireles offside before he set up Liverpool’s first goal. The replay showed that she made the correct decision.
When The Mail on Sunday put the transcript to Mr Keys, he said: ‘I have no recollection of that. I have no idea what you are talking about.
'My recollection is that I wished the young lady all the best.’
When told a recording existed of the conversation, he said: ‘If you have a tape then you don’t need me to talk to you.’
Last night The Mail on Sunday sent a transcript and a copy of the recording to a Sky Sports spokeswoman.
She was not able to confirm or deny the veracity of the clip, which was provided to this newspaper by an anonymous source.
Mr Gray could not be reached last night.

Mr Gray, a former Scottish international footballer, replied: ‘Can you believe that? A female linesman. Women don’t know the offside rule.’

Mr. Gray doesn't know the offside rule either.

Also, Right Said Fred would probably know what's wrong with being too sexy. That man seemed to have fierce problems with it, couldn't wear a shirt or drive a car or anything.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Stay in the kitchen, ladies.

killa2006 19 hours ago 25
if all the women are on the pitch, who's making half-time sandwiches?

afbofficial 12 hours ago 16

Top level womens football can be quite decent to watch. Goalies tend to be the main problem, as evidenced by the epic fail at 0.58 in that video.

Earlier today, a third Sky Sports presenter was taken off air. Andy Burton was shown discussing Sian Massey with Gray ahead of Saturday's match in footage leaked to sister channel Sky News
The former Everton and Aston Villa player, believed to be on a seven-figure salary and a key component in Sky Sports' growth story over 20 years, recently began legal action against the News of the World – another arm of Rupert Murdoch's empire – over phone hacking allegations.

hmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back