What's the deal with pyjamas on the street?? (1 Viewer)

roxy

Website
Visit site
I was going to tag this onto Kirstie's poncho thread but thought it was grave enough to merit its own space.

Can anyone explain the phenomenon of skanger girls (young and/or other) going outside - to the shops, to their friend's house, to the local field - wearing their pyjamas, their runners, and a coat.

I've seen this in and around Summerhill for year and years but I thought it was just a few loonies trying to start a revolution.

Well, it seems I was right. The revolution is in full flight and the unrest has spread to the Greater Dublin region. I even see them in Donaghmede shopping centre now. (Though nothing surprises me in this centre anymore)

Does anyone have any academic cultural theory they could apply to this to help us to understand?

roxy said:
I was going to tag this onto Kirstie's poncho thread but thought it was grave enough to merit its own space.

Can anyone explain the phenomenon of skanger girls (young and/or other) going outside - to the shops, to their friend's house, to the local field - wearing their pyjamas, their runners, and a coat.

I've seen this in and around Summerhill for year and years but I thought it was just a few loonies trying to start a revolution.

Well, it seems I was right. The revolution is in full flight and the unrest has spread to the Greater Dublin region. I even see them in Donaghmede shopping centre now. (Though nothing surprises me in this centre anymore)

Does anyone have any academic cultural theory they could apply to this to help us to understand?
it's a territorial thing.

ponchos, pyjama skangers and ainsley harriot all mentioned in the lifestyle forum this morning

these are dark days indeed

:(

THRILLHO said:
Apparently the Japanese are all over the whole going-out-in-pyjamas thing.
But we let them away with it 'cos they're cute.
S'funny: It's considered rude to blow your nose in Japan, but no one bats an eyelid if you're rambling around in the loose shapeless clothes you wear in bed?

ah now, don't be slagging the credit union young wan. Even though the last time I tried to get a loan offa them to pay off my scary credit card they quoted me a rate more than the bank. And then refused to give it to me anyway because I stupidly revealed I hadn't actually lived at my pardents house for x one million years. But still.

aoifed said:
I'm on me way out to the credit union in me pyjamas and runners, with a scarf wrapped around me head. If anyone even looks at me sidewards, I'll have them.

I heard from someone who lives in summer hill, that its to show the local gypos that youre also local..so they wont fuck with you. I think I'll go around in my PJs all day from now on, its been a long time coming..and now I finally have an excuse for sloth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back