What's the carbon footprints of smoking cigarettes? (1 Viewer)

the actual cigarettes would have ~no effect I'd imagine. But the fertilizers and oil needed to get the cigs from the field in Tennessee or where ever into your Centra would not be nothing.

the actual cigarettes would have ~no effect I'd imagine. But the fertilizers and oil needed to get the cigs from the field in Tennessee or where ever into your Centra would not be nothing.

Yeah, that's what I'm getting at alright. There's a lot of smoke being blown into the air for no good reason, but really it's the effect of production and transport that I reckon has the greater effect.
Then again, how much nasty gas are these tobacco plants sucking up?
Then again, what if all these tobacco plants were replaced with corn or whatever........

I is John: It's higher than the footprint of all the users taking a piss, but lower than the footprint of all the users taking a shit. However Thumped, like weewee and poopoo, is essential. Whereas smoking isn't essential, really.

not to mention all the drugs required to assist people sick from smoking or energy used in the tidying up after smokers. Both possibly offset by number of jobs created, eg doctors, litter wardens.

... litter wardens.

I love the way that smokers feel the obligation to heroically throw the end of their lit cigarette on the ground for someone else to pick up.

Almost as much as I love picking them up, but not quite as much as when they fly out of a car window and hit your face and get stuck in your helmet.
Having cigarettes fired into your lid and burning the shit out of you when you're doing 70 beats all.

if you placed every dumped cigarette butt in the world end to end it would stretch from here to, eh, there.

I was hoping you'd know more about this, broken arm.

Incidently, about 1.7billion pounds of cigarette butts are discarded annually around the world. That's an american billion, so it's 771120000kg.

Taking the weight of a used cigarette butt at somewhere around .9 of a gram, and the length of a cigarette butt at around 3cm, that's 2.856 million kilometers worth of butts, stretched end to end.

Discovery Channel speak,that's:
- enough cigarette butts to stretch around the circumference of the earth more than 70 times.
- the length of 340,730,136 double decker buses
- more than 426 times the length of the river Nile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back