What's the best way to sell tickets online (1 Viewer)

Diddles

I'm setting up a site for an 'event' and was wondering if any of ye have any advice on how to sell tickets for it online. It's not going to be a big huge event, a few hundred attending hopefully.

Is Paypal the best way to go? Or has anyone ever used tickets.ie or something similar?

Any advice greatly appreciated. :heart:

the spiritstore in dundalk sell tickets before hand on their website through paypal

and then when it comes to the night itself, the guy at the table at the door of the upstairs gets your name and strikes it off as being there

you would need a cut off point for the day of the gig before the gig i.e. 1pm when the online system stops selling tickets though i would think if you were going the paypal route

I'm warning you now, PayPal and tickets = absolute nightmare for you.

The amount of underwriting this type of thing involves, not to mention reserves on your account, could be talking 10-15% of your money being held for 45 days till after the event takes place. If you want to use them then contact their sales team and ask them what's the best option and what can they offer, do NOT just start taking money into your account for it.

I hear tickets.ie are great

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back