What's going on with the Lower Deck? (1 Viewer)

It's not doing gigs any more, they're putting in pool tables and all bookings are cancelled.

I never once emerged from there enthused about the sound.

thats a pity now. definitley was a venue where attitude pipped layout, which can be more than enough compensation.

that's a good way to put it alright. fun to play there and fun to meet heads and get plastered, but it was a rubbish place to see bands unless you were right up the front.

i hadn't been to a gig there since the ballroom stopped.

It's such a pain in the hole though, really left a fair few gig's in the lurch. Bit of for-warning would have been helpful.

bello.JPG

Didn't realise the Lower Deck had reopened for gigs, though they're mostly jazz of some sorts. It also now looks like this and charges €270 for a gig.

It is downstairs, they're having all sorts of gigs, rock stuff, jazz etc through to zine launches although how a zine launch can cover the 270 rental I've no idea.

bello.JPG

Didn't realise the Lower Deck had reopened for gigs, though they're mostly jazz of some sorts. It also now looks like this and charges €270 for a gig.

That's the part with the windows where no one actually goes anyway, left of the stage beside the jacks where the smell was unbearable. It was essentially a storage area for the bands' gear, maybe the rest of the place is exactly the same, right down to the odour and the pile of cans in the jacks. €270 a gig though that's fucking ridiculous. They probably worked out that €270 was all they made at the bar on a friday night in spite of the fact that everyone was absolutely shitfaced and decided to double their income. I really hope they put the tipparary hurling pictures back up and brought the guide dogs for the blind collection puppy bank out of retirement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back