What you been listening to this week? (1 Viewer)

Listening to big, sweeping, slow guitar music:

Lift to Experience - The Texas Jerusalem Crossroads
Low - Double Negative (I listened to some Retribution Gospel Choir also, but it is VERY patchy. Not a scratch on this)
Earth - Primitive and Deadly
That Lift to Experience album was a total game changer for me as a teenager. I read about it in Kerrang of all places. And I agree about Retribution Gospel Choir, I want to like them a lot more because I like Alan a lot but it’s not for me. And that Earth album is a return to form in my opinion, the previous two albums were very disappointing for me.

Low really keep guitars to a minimum on that album though, no? Lots of electronics, treated bass, noise etc. Some guitar flourishes alright. Deadly album.
Yes indeed, but I was too lazy to type that I'd been listening to a bunch of their albums and landed up on Double Negative, which was the one that got stuck on repeat plays.

Thin Lizzy-back in chicago lp
Hard to Swallow-lp
X-aspirations lp
Joe Perry-;et the music do the talking lp
Grave New World-the last sanctuary lp
Chubby and the Gang-speed kills lp
Loudness-disillusion lp
Crow-live at watts cd
Dokken-the lost songs lp

Andwella’s Dream - Love and Poetry LP. Splendid!
Suicide - S/T LP
Wooden Shjips - Vol 1 LP
Daniel Higgs - Inter-dimensional Song Seamstress LP. Weak, to be honest. It has some moments but I’m never impressed by anyone who wastes 10 minutes of plastic just sticking a distorted banjo in front of an amp. Not art, not music.
Cypress Hill - Black Sunday 2LP. When the shit goes down, you better be ready.

I listened to Ultravox's Vienna last night, I love the title track but it's a pretty woeful album, all these chugging guitars and wailing synths competing with each other over poe-faced lyrics about statues and aquaducts. Midge Ure is some chancer.

I also listened to Kim Wilde's Select, which is a few years later but basically a bubblegum version of the same kind of thing. It's a fair bit better.

It also has this song which if it was sung by four lame as shit white guys on an unsuccessful album in 1980 would be considered a POWER POP CLASSIC

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I was just listening to Sand Storm by Kaze & Ikue Mori for the first time there now and was most of the way through before I realised that my computer was doing that weird thing it does sometimes where audio plays back about 10 times too fast and I have to reboot the pc to fix it (that Kim Wilde video gave it away). I wasn't paying that much attention, obviously, but my first impressions were that it was a lot snappier and fun than I was expecting. Don't think I'll bother listening again.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

:rolleyes:

Not gonna pretend I didn't end up there.

The best bits of that video

1) Look at Kim WIlde
2) Listen how fucking woeful that track is. And they say Nirvana didn't need to happen
3) Look at the state of all the lads in her band, on their day off posting on thumped

Kim has been known to join LAWNMOWER DETH on stage for their version of
Kids In America (@ Download etc.)

strangest thing about that is I never realized L.D. were that popular.

I like,and own the first Kim Wilde record.

I have a pre Midge Ure Ultravox lp thats good. I thought he was cool in Thin Lizzy,and also like the Rich kids

Kim Wilde's first album has some hilarious ska songs on it trying to cash in on the whole 2-tone thing. It's good stuff!

I like Midge Ure a lot, but he's also a massive chancer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back