What you been listening to this week? (1 Viewer)

Smithfield was my first one too. Good craic queuing from 7.30am and all that. A friend of a friend had a go at Dave Fanning in the afternoon (he was wandering around interviewing Mark Greaney) about asking JDB in a tv interview 'Is Richey dead?'.

Went off to Wales with two people I had met on the internet and at Smithfield. We did Llandudno (bit dull if I remember correctly) and Cardiff (amazing - starting with You Love Us set the mood) together and then I went off on my own for two days of Reading. Highlights being King Adora and the Dropkick Murphys apart from themselves.
ah, class! Man, I should have known you back then. I had no internet and my mates thought I was lame for still liking the Manics when I should have been solely into, I dunno, Crass and Rudimentary Peni. So glad i'm not still bitter.

Fucking Dave Fanning though, christ what a thing to do.

I love those first two albums, they were amazing at Iveagh Gardens last year.

Yeah, I love the debut. 2.0 is very good. Beautifulgarbage is good, but after that it gets very patchy.
I saw them in the point with moloko supporting, January 1999. Had to check setlistfm for that.

Last edited:
Was watching top of the pops 1989 on bbc4. Black box ride on time was on...bit of a guilty pleasure.
I knew the vocals were sampled but hadn't heard the song. Here's the accapella version they used.
No auto tune back then, just incredible singers.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Marky mark got a hit out of it as well.

Yeah, I love the debut. 2.0 is very good. Beautifulgarbage is good, but after that it gets very patchy.
I saw them in the point with moloko supporting, January 1999. Had to check setlistfm for that.
That gig in The Point was my first proper gig that I went to on my own. Moloko were great, set a high standard for support acts for me!

Smithfield was my first one too. Good craic queuing from 7.30am and all that. A friend of a friend had a go at Dave Fanning in the afternoon (he was wandering around interviewing Mark Greaney) about asking JDB in a tv interview 'Is Richey dead?'.

Went off to Wales with two people I had met on the internet and at Smithfield. We did Llandudno (bit dull if I remember correctly) and Cardiff (amazing - starting with You Love Us set the mood) together and then I went off on my own for two days of Reading. Highlights being King Adora and the Dropkick Murphys apart from themselves.
Didn't go to the Smithfield gig but I did see them 3 times on the Everything Must Go tour. They were awesome each time, especially at the Trip to Tipp supporting The Prodigy. Their set at that still sticks in my head as 1 of the best gigs I was ever at. Just an incredible atmosphere for it. The band and crowd were just really up for it. I remember it started pissing rain halfway through and this just seemed to make the crowd go even more mental.

Half to admit, I stopped listening by the time Know Your Enemy came out.

I've been breaking my brain listening to the new Charli XCX record and now i'm just playing the Replacements and going "oh yeah, this is better"

Currently playing: the most derided Sonic Youth album, Experimental Jet Set Trash and No Star. I don't care what you say, I still love it. Love the guitar tones on this, the total production really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back