What you been listening to this week? (3 Viewers)

Currently listening to Jethro Tull - A just based on the artwork

R-3469283-1500222132-2539.jpeg.jpg

It's more or less the same as every other Jethro Tull thing i've heard but with a few added synths and 1980 sounds.

Was listening to Placebo - Once more with feeling : singles 1996 - 2004 CD today
A charity shop find.
I used to kind of like a few songs way back, but now I'm just too old for it.
Molko and his shtick gets irritating really fast. In fairness he was always irritating.

Molko and his shtick gets irritating really fast.
i would say on my adventures with muse this week - I totally avoided every finding out what he's on about - just enjoying it as a soundscape because there's nothing that dramatic in existence. placebo would probably be in that range for me.

I forgot they existed till now though

Ah I saw Placebo at the SFX way back in the day. Good times. Terrible band in retrospect but it was 1998 and we needed our own version of goth to see us through until something better came along. I've never listened to any of their albums after their second one and I never will either. Teenage Angst is a great little tune.

Ah I saw Placebo at the SFX way back in the day. Good times. Terrible band in retrospect but it was 1998 and we needed our own version of goth to see us through until something better came along. I've never listened to any of their albums after their second one and I never will either. Teenage Angst is a great little tune.
Yeah that would have been around the same time I saw them, maybe it was the same tour

I saw them in whelans in 1997. They were kind of intriguing around 1996. They had a bit of that american noise rock going on & they were definitely not into football (a plus) But half way the gig I realized they just weren't very good.

He's had some...interesting hair styles over the years.

I saw them in whelans in 1997. They were kind of intriguing around 1996. They had a bit of that american noise rock going on & they were definitely not into football (a plus) But half way the gig I realized they just weren't very good.

He's had some...interesting hair styles over the years.
Ah very good.

This video is a great little document of the crowd at "alt" rock gigs circa that time

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

woeful styles all round but MEMORIES.

One thing about placebo - I always loved that 'pure morning' was essentially one chord, and almost one note for the entire song. I remember they said in an interview the keyboard part was so boring to play they just put a weight on the key and recorded that. I like the attitude of that. Good ropey shintoism going on there.

I liked and still do like Placebo. I saw them whenever the third album came out in the Olympia and they played so loud a piece of the ceiling collapsed onto the stage. They were good at Witnness too, a weird blend of catchy songs and antagonising the homophobes in the audience.

I was at that. first time at a gig in Dublin. support from idelwild I do believe. that was as far as I went with them. first two albums were good.

Eddie & the Hot Rods-thriller lp
Crow-last chaos lp
v/a-jobcentre rejects vol 4 lp
Sorex-portait of a prisoner 12"
Heavy Discipline-lp
v/a-life is a joke vol 2 lp
Part Time Christians-rock and roll is disco mlp

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back