What you been listening to this week? (2 Viewers)

Samantha Glass - Mysteries of the palomino skyline LP
I bought it a few years ago in elastic witch. Never really listened to it properly. Its good. Mostly instrumental gothy synthesizer music, cold wave with some detuned vocals.

Back on this. Totes masterpiece. She retired after, fair enough.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

MV5BNDAxMDQ1NjkwMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTY2NTg2OA@@._V1_UY1200_CR85,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

I am either glad you enjoyed or glad it irritated you enough to feel the need to express your disdain.

Ah well on one hand maybe my disdain was unwarranted and then on other its the internet. I went scoping about for reviews of this record as I found my way to it through a mate years ago and was really curious about what the press reaction was. A few reviews started with the ross kemp joke, which in retrospect considering the sheer gravity of the record I think is a pretty shitty waste of column space all told. The disdain for the obvious joke probabaly spilled over from there.

Anywhoo maybe I'm naive to the doom / folk crossover genre but I highly recommend this record.

Ah well on one hand maybe my disdain was unwarranted and then on other its the internet. I went scoping about for reviews of this record as I found my way to it through a mate years ago and was really curious about what the press reaction was. A few reviews started with the ross kemp joke, which in retrospect considering the sheer gravity of the record I think is a pretty shitty waste of column space all told. The disdain for the obvious joke probabaly spilled over from there.

Oh god, that's terrible. That really puts everything in context.

paging @therealjohnny - more surf / tension vibes on this one, energy is great.

To the Empress of Mod horn thread

New favourite band

i heard Congolese groups using very unique percussion before
i.e. something that looked similar to an old BBQ grill.

but FULU MUZIKI is another level, clearly if you are ingenious enough
you can make great music out of anything.

just watched four of their videos. all brilliant.
will recommend them to friends - cheers.

playing albums for first time on new speakers last couple of days

crikey those Stereolab reissues do sound amazing. And those recent Beatles mono reissues

donald byrd - a new perspective, black byrd, electric byrd, ethiopian knights, places and spaces, stepping into tomorrow, street lady
freddie hubbard - ready for freddie

v/a-killed by death #5 lp
v/a-killed by death #9 lp
United Mutation-dark self image lp
MIA-after the fact lp
Deep Purrple-come taste the band lp
Deep Purple-days may come and days may go cd
Tommy Bolin & Friends-live at ebbets field cd
New Model Army-from here 2xlp
Jaded Eyes-call of the void lp
Diaz Brothers-diaz brothers lp

Haven't listened to much at all since "the foot incident". Have played a fair bit of guitar so that's good. Anyway. I did give the Phoebe Bridgers album a go. I wanted to like it but find her voice to be too generic.
Watched Download and Glasto on the TV. Surprise of Download was Skindred, they were cool. most of the rest was poor. Same for Glasto, we did start critical watching of Adele but she won the house over. Also watched Baby Metal from Wembley. I love the excitement levels at their gigs and the theatre but have to admit the djent-rock gets samey after an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back