What you been listening to this week? (1 Viewer)

gilles peterson is playing jazz all this week 9am-11am on worldwidefm.net. he's playing some amazing stuff

Listened to the new Phoebe Bridgers album.

It's very, very good at what it's going for, and what it's going for is almost the definition of what I dislike in music.

Fair play though. World takes all sorts.

Following the September 11 attacks in 2001, Clear Channel Communications (now iHeartMedia), the largest owner of radio stations in the United States, circulated an internal memo containing a list of songs that program directors felt were "lyrically questionable" to play in the aftermath of the attack.[1]

I mean, that's nice and not exactly hidden knowledge, but the above chart is from the UK and was released on the 9th of September.

Experimenting with Clannad post Dúlamán. Dúlamán is kinda masterpiece stuff by any standard. The scope / harmony / introspect is a rare thing. I got in a *discussion *recently where my mate suggested Fuaim was a better record.

On first run I'm still in camp Dúlamán. Fuaim is I *think* the last one with Enya on it. Significant timeline at play here too.

1976 - Dúlamán
1982 - Fuaim
1983 - Magical Ring (this is the harry's game one).
1984 - Legend
1985 - Macalla

So far I'm feeling Fuaim as a b-sides / clearing of house to usher an bunch of shitty synths. Magical Ring has some great peaks, but also Newgrange is almost Spinal Taps Stonehenge Hibernicised. Took one look at the track list on Legend and skipped it (Robin - the hooded man). I'm near certain there is a pre Dúlamán era too (Lisa is from this time). Anywhoo I'm on Macalla now - Closer to your Heart is grabbing me. Has actual notions in it.

Should probably read the wiki.

Started on Clannad - Clannad (1973) a few mins ago. 4 tracks in and I've already got it beside Dúlamán in estimation. Siobhan Ni Dhuibhir sold me. Playing is unreal on it, occasionally distortion on the vocal recordings kinda adds to the 70'sness. Cover art is great.

Clannadclannad.jpg

Mr Bungle return with a cover of a song that could be on about 30 Mike patton projects.

BUT ITS FOR CHARITY.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

v/a-killed by death #2 lp
v/a-killed by death #4 lp
Hard To Swallow-s/t lp
v/a-strength thru oi! lp
Chaos UK-s/t lp
Hand of Doom-poisonoise lp
Diaz Brotherss/t -lp
Jaded Eyes-call of the void lp
Ramones-animal boy lp
Hellbent-demos lp

Rose City Band. It’s the guy from wooden shjips/moon duo. Stumbled upon it last week after Spotify played it when an album I was listening to finished. He has another album out only in the last couple of weeks too it seems. Very similar album. The first one I’ve been listening to a lot

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Two CD compilations.

Sad about the times: an exploration of 70s FM folk, soft rock, west coast jangle, power pop and late night jams
Bob Stanley & Pete Wiggs present: Occasional rain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back