What you been listening to this week? (1 Viewer)

Jaypers, I've listened to Brown Sugar a thousand times and never really made out any of the lyrics apart from "in the market down in New Orleans" and "(something something) the women just around midnight" and obvs the chorus which I always assumed was just kinda sexy nonsense

My older daughter is 15 now, so that line in Stray Cat Blues creeps me out, but it's still a great song

I have now read the lyrics for the first time.

YEeeeshh.

tony conrad and faust - beyond the dream syndicate. i heard about this album about 25 years ago and only just now given it a listen. decent. also popol vuh - in den garten pharoes. can't beat popol vuh

tony conrad and faust - beyond the dream syndicate. i heard about this album about 25 years ago and only just now given it a listen. decent. also popol vuh - in den garten pharoes. can't beat popol vuh
The live Tony Conrad with Faust album from the early 90s is better. Conrad always felt the studio version was too sedate, the violas sound like jet engines on the live version.

I listened to Clannad 1 and Clannad 2 today, never listened to them before. I wrote off Popol Vuh years ago for reasons I no longer remember. Gonna give them a go next.

Last edited:
Traffic - John Barleycorn must die CD.
Japan - Quite life LP
Rick Wakeman - Journey to the center of the earth LP
The byrds - The notorious byrd brothers CD

to each their own, but popol vuh are my favourite of all the german progressive rock outfits. worth noting that all their best stuff wasn't necessarily around their earlier years - their 80's output was amazing. i don't even rate their first album that much. this mix was my introduction to them and i think it's gold:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back