What was it like seeing Batman in theaters in 1989? (1 Viewer)

I'll have to revisit this film soon! To be fair to Keatont, his was the start of the darker more troubled psychotic Batman and he was deadly in the role. Nicholas did have some choice lines though.

‘Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light?’

Loved Keaton. My favourite Batman

Keaton...easily the best Batman. Don't really care for the remakes. Bale is a charisma vacuum...Kilmer was a good punt too.

Didn't see Batman in the cinema, but was sort of shocked to hear a mate of mine who would have been what? six got in with his dad.

I do recall seeing Back to the Future III in some fancy Limerick city cinema with my chain-smoking uncle-in-law. That was the frigging business.

I remember some controversy over the certifiction of Ghostbusters and Gremlins at the time. Did they both get released around the same time?

I think I saw them both on pirate vhs,so when I say "saw" you know what I mean.

I was there.

I think Superman (or Superman II??) was my first cinema experience, but I slept through that. Still would if I saw it today.

But Batman was me pestering the parents to force my brother to take me. It may have been in 1990, as the local cinema was famously slow on getting round to showing things.

I remember the opening sequence with the orchestral score and the logo, and being absolutely fecking thrilled by it.

Keaton was the best batman. That Batmobile was the best Batmobile also. I didn't understand a lot of the Burton flourishes, I'm still a bit agnostic about him tbh. I also remember thinking "Why did he do that to Jerry Hall? She's a ride!", so I guess a lot of the actual plot was lost on me. I didn't care.

I found it quite watchable when I rewatched it as an adult. There's naff 90's bomber jackets and that, but all in all I thought it was ok.

It was a formative cinematic experience, and a movie which I can't help but be biased about.

k thx bai

I was there.

I think Superman (or Superman II??) was my first cinema experience, but I slept through that. Still would if I saw it today.

But Batman was me pestering the parents to force my brother to take me. It may have been in 1990, as the local cinema was famously slow on getting round to showing things.

I remember the opening sequence with the orchestral score and the logo, and being absolutely fecking thrilled by it.

Keaton was the best batman. That Batmobile was the best Batmobile also. I didn't understand a lot of the Burton flourishes, I'm still a bit agnostic about him tbh. I also remember thinking "Why did he do that to Jerry Hall? She's a ride!", so I guess a lot of the actual plot was lost on me. I didn't care.

I found it quite watchable when I rewatched it as an adult. There's naff 90's bomber jackets and that, but all in all I thought it was ok.

It was a formative cinematic experience, and a movie which I can't help but be biased about.

k thx bai
Well holy god
SeanC as we live and breath

That’s because it was
Damn right it was. I remember smoking fags till I was nearly sick while watching Back to the Future II as well (I remember going to BTTF 1 in Athy and thinking it was a backwater as the cinema was so small compared to what I was used to, but wasn't smoking fags that time as I was too young.) Both times, however, I was transported. BTTF 2 = one of the rare sequels even better than the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back