What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (7 Viewers)

We're all fucked.

I watched the first minute then skipped to gladiator bit. If any boss of mine ever tried a line like "what we do in life echoes in eternity", I'm sure someone would think "ok, let's test that" and then kick the boss in the balls.

That fringe of stupidness is a bit noisier than I'd like. And most of the rest of us are apathetic/tired/hungry.

This is not a novel comment, but we all still realise that this is the Two Minute Hate except we're doing it to ourselves?

And also that we can choose not to.

And also that it's the fucking Brits so who fucking cares anyways?

[puts finger to ear, newscaster style] aaaand I'm being told that we do know all this and I'm stating the bloody obvious.

Fair enough

Yes. Everything our enemies say about us is true.

FWIW that woman runs a non-fee-paying London school, and it looks like the outcomes for the kids are excellent

there’s a strange discontinuity in how she gives that speech. she’s partly presenting a front of being a true believer, ranting and raving (she probably actually is a true believer). at the same time, she’s self-promoting (both for her school and her social media presence), which she does with a sort of panto campiness — putting on a hammy performance of winks-and-nods. it’s sort of like watching two people at once. or someone with a split personality. it’s odd, to say the least.

there’s a strange discontinuity in how she gives that speech. she’s partly presenting a front of being a true believer, ranting and raving (she probably actually is a true believer). at the same time, she’s self-promoting (both for her school and her social media presence), which she does with a sort of panto campiness — putting on a hammy performance of winks-and-nods. it’s sort of like watching two people at once. or someone with a split personality. it’s odd, to say the least.
in a nutshell - why are fools like her tolerated, encouraged and promoted in society in general?
That is the big question - I JUST DO NOT GET IT.
Who the fuck does she represent?
Some people my age send kids to boarding school - bizarre.

I googled people I knew at school that I had not seen since at least 1990 online.
Many smarter bogger kids of the eighties had gone to college yet still chose to go into thoroughly bogger careers.
e.g. agricultural scientist (married to a farmer), regional sales manager in animal feed company, head of quality control at animal feed company etc.
Through education they could have gotten away from farming but chose to stay in it.

Maybe the clue is there: some folks just don't think outside the box they grew up in.

the people I really liked had more worthwhile / interesting jobs and I could guessed their jobs would suit them.
e.g. community worker, nurse, theatre company director, beer brewing(!), photographer....

in a nutshell - why are fools like her tolerated, encouraged and promoted in society in general?

I googled people I knew at school that I had not seen since at least 1990 online.
Many smarter bogger kids of the eighties had gone to college yet still chose to go into thoroughly bogger careers.
e.g. agricultural scientist (married to a farmer), regional sales manager in animal feed company, head of quality control at animal feed company etc.
Through education they could have gotten away from farming but chose to stay in it.

Maybe the clue is there: some folks just don't think outside the box they grew up in.

the people I really liked had more worthwhile / interesting jobs and I could guessed their jobs would suit them.
e.g. community worker, nurse, theatre company director, beer brewing(!), photographer....
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I know this is a recurring theme with with me.
People who lack empathy, especially for vulnerable folks are an anathema.
They lack self awareness, think they are always right and are loathe to ever apologise.
I can't cope with hypocrisy either - if someone has a blind spot about something then just admit it.
I if am biased against something I will say so.

But the likes of the Tories love these morbid people.
IMO these types should always be confronted or ostracised, but tolerating them? NO.
Promoting them? NEVER.

in a nutshell - why are fools like her tolerated ... in society in general?
What's the alternative to tolerating people you disagree with?

nuke terrorist said:
Many smarter bogger kids of the eighties had gone to college yet still chose to go into thoroughly bogger careers ... through education they could have gotten away from farming but chose to stay in it
Maybe because they like it?

This book gives a really good insight into farming that might help you overcome your preconceptions about boggers The Shepherd's Life - Wikipedia

What's the alternative to tolerating people you disagree with?

Maybe because they like it?

This book gives a really good insight into farming that might help you overcome your preconceptions about boggers The Shepherd's Life - Wikipedia
I am a bogger from county Tipperary.
And a vegan bogger though since 1993.
I worked in piggery for about 55 weeks from 1990 until sept. 1993 aged 17.

I was bullied into working there by my parents. My father was manager of the piggery.

I stopped working there on I believe, 21 September 1993.
I was regularly depressed since spring 1989 until then but 21-9-1993 was the last day of my life I suffered depression.

When I worked in the piggery at least two articulated truck trailers of feed were eaten by the 8,000 pigs every week. The pigs only lived for about 4 months.
For every kilo the pigs gained in weight they ate 8 kilos of feed.
Think about that.

I don't think it's comparable to traditional Cumbrian upland farming.

The only things I don't like about where I live is the exploitation of animals and the environment.

I worked in piggery ...
Dude, I know about your piggery job. You didn't like doing agriculture-related work, but that doesn't mean that nobody does. As a society we are very lucky that smart bogger kids chose agri careers, because if they didn't then all our food would be getting produced by fools.

I understand slagging boggers off as a joke, but I have the sense that you are serious. Without farmers we all go hungry

Effective publicity stunt klaxon

Effective publicity stunt klaxon

Sidebar: I also love that we have rich, retired footballers who can afford to be chronically online and be our moral guardians

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back