What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (6 Viewers)

The far right having a field day over the naked black man walking down O'Connell Street. They're not impressed with all the Ukraine flags either.

English Twitter seemed a bit uppity this morning over the French Presidential elections.

Also, getting to the zoo via public transport is a massive ballache for families. That walk up the hill is a bollocks and getting about on the luas with pushchairs is no picnic either.

Also, getting to the zoo via public transport is a massive ballache for families. That walk up the hill is a bollocks and getting about on the luas with pushchairs is no picnic either.
Yes. It's ableist. The very young, the old, the infirm, and their carers etc. will not find a 15-minute walk all that easy

There's a car park at the zoo, I'm sure there must be disabled spots etc there. That whole fuss stemmed from someone reading that letter that right wing crackpot got in the IT and then claiming cars were 'effectively banned' from the park. When the change people are complaining about is removal of parking from the main avenue.

Couple of small car parks for an insanely popular destination to be fair. You would also be booting along to make the walk from Heuston to the Zoo in 15 minutes. Even without pushing some kids up a big bumpy hill.

I'm not saying make a multi story car park, but the narrative that it is a handy place to get to on public transport plus a short walk isn't true.

Getting public transport is a hassle, and add in the amount of gear families need to take for a day out.

There's a car park at the zoo, I'm sure there must be disabled spots etc there. That whole fuss stemmed from someone reading that letter that right wing crackpot got in the IT and then claiming cars were 'effectively banned' from the park. When the change people are complaining about is removal of parking from the main avenue.
Disabled spots=spots for people with big fancy new cars they don't want scratched,or lazy bastards who can't walk a few more feet.
Its nearly easier to stay at home if you rely on a wheelchair.

(And don't even think about changing facilities)

ok, it started on instagram but spilled over onto twitter.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Couple of small car parks for an insanely popular destination to be fair.
The Dublin Zoo website says 260 spots are available at the lords walk car park, and there's another 120 over at the cricket club = 380. Let's pretend nobody ever wants to park in those car parks unless they're going to the zoo.

Dublin Zoo gets over 1.2million visitors a year but let's call it 1 million (to allow for the winter night time wild lights bump) and spread them evenly over 363 days = about 2,750 people a day.

Lets assume everyone stays for exactly half a day and leaves the car park immediately, freeing up their space at exactly the right time, so 380*2=760 spaces available each day.

So that's 2,750/760=1 parking space for every 3.6 people wanting to visit the zoo.

So as long as everyone agrees to go on their allotted date, car pools, stays for the scheduled time, and nobody else wants to drive to the park for any other reason, it's all grand.

edit: they close 2 days a year so i've adjusted accordingly.

There is a lot of road side parking on the North Road now for what it is worth. It is also one way from the Cabra Gate down to Garda HQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back