What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (1 Viewer)

I HEARD YOU'VE NEVER EVEN WATCHED A FOOTBALL MATCH!!
yeah, but I read about lots of them.
Dude, I love having you on thumped. Your egoless-ness and willingness to change your position are a joy
I'll take that as a compliment - thanks.
believe it or not I am actually better at writing than anything else, what I post here is the best I am capable of. if someone gets something even slightly wrong they should just admit it.

remember me going on about the institutionally bad education system I grew up in? (more than a few times)
some bad experiences there made me learn this the hard way.

see this right here is why I love thumped and hate facebook

no snark, this is so wholesome and so rare and so human. high-fives everyone. hugs all round
thumped is funny alright.

I like it because generally the arguments that I'd like to have, if I was a bit brighter, are had for me.

Then I can check in, and see my points argued from other people while agreeing with basically all of them.

Also it's a more literate crowd than me.

It's a good aggregator alright. I just wish there were more links to Irish Central dot com, like on FB, so I can have a more considered cry once in a while.

When I flew over to Italy last month, on the way out of the plane over the only way out is at the front, so naturally the plane is emptying from the front back. I kind of had to do the stand up in the aisle thing because this lad that was beside me was fairly insistent on getting his bag from overhead and that, but I made sure I was in front of him cause fuck him.
So I'm standing there fairly hunched over waiting as the plane is emptying, and some one who had been sitting in the row in front across the aisle and had just been sat there the whole time was slow as fuck getting up, and yer man behind me is starting to fucking breathe down my neck (literally starting to push into my back), so I went fuck it and just marched on forward. She kind of made to move out in front of me but was just taking forever, so fuck it I got past before she got her arse into the aisle, but hey I was like "Ah sorry" as I did it to not be a total dick.
So then all I hear from behind me is "So fucking RUDE!" hahaha, so I turn round and say to her "Sure I even said sorry. It's not my fault you were taking forever." and laughed at her and all, cause absolutely fuck it, what kind of wank gives out about being behind 1 person getting off a plane.
Anyway so there was a bus to the terminal job and I was delighted when the spot she took on the bus ended up being fucking shit and the furthest away from the terminal entrance, so she ended up right near the back of the line for passport control, HA

yeah like that's just something you just do... fuck expecting to be thanked for it.
When I'm in the supermarket, if someone basically 'bunks' in front of me in the queue (i.e I just let them go ahead rather than fight for the same space even though I was a bit in front as we arrived to the checkout queue at the same time), I always do a big "You're welcome" at them just to see what the reaction is haha.
I did it a few days ago and the lad in front of me had just been dreaming and then went "Oh sorry were you in front" and offered to let me past, I think this might be the first time the person has ever been sound about it haha, so I just had a laugh with him.

Is this the only unequivocal support Sally Rooney has received from a publication?

I am not on social media - is this what it's like??? I am stunned this is getting so much coverage.
I didn't realise something I would consider a fairly no brainer decision was causing Rooney this much problems.
If this is all people have to complain about they are living very sheltered lives.
her book, her decision. don't know what else to say really.

I am not on social media - is this what it's like??? I am stunned this is getting so much coverage.
I didn't realise something I would consider a fairly no brainer decision was causing Rooney this much problems.
If this is all people have to complain about they are living very sheltered lives.
her book, her decision. don't know what else to say really.
Well, yes and no, yes this is what it's like but I'd say she has way more more defenders on social media than in the standard media.

Well, there is social media and then there is the Israeli propaganda campaign which is its own thing. Despite following lots of Palestinian and Middle Eastern stuff on Twitter I didn't notice any of this kerfuffle on my timeline (probably because of the antisemitic echo chamber I live in)

Irish Times have been both-sides-ing it in their letters pages but I think they've only published one critical piece of her otherwise.

and a nice segue from the post above; the quote tweets are good.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

and a nice segue from the post above; the quote tweets are good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back