What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (4 Viewers)

I was thinking over the weekend about how social roles are enforced
... and in case anyone is interested, my latest theory is that complaining about a social role is one of the primary ways in which is enforced. Where I work, for example, most people work way more than the hours that they're contracted to, and then moan about burnout and troubles with managing work-life balance and all that ... and afaics what the moaning does is make everyone feel like they ought to be overworking too, just to be part of the group

c'mere @ann post you are one of my favourite thumpeders, and this isn't me having a go at you, but I was thinking over the weekend about how social roles are enforced, and I think "TMI" might be one of the ways. Like if someone talks about their piles or their sweaty balls, or their sex lives once they get past a certain age, then it's TMI - the basic message of which is "our bodies are disgusting"
Oh I don't disagree - my TMI's were tounge in cheek. What I mostly learned is that I'll either avoid zara or polyester. I was thinking over lunch there that there could be a bit of a santa claus thing going on with it. Like don't tell the kids just how fucked your body can end up in case it stops them believing they can do more or less anything for a few years.

Btw I've been rotating a couple pairs of Vans stretch Chinos, 64% cotton and a regular straight cut.

My new jeans are from Zara. My balls are all sweaty since I started wearing them, I guess my old jeans were so old that they had less insulation around the bollock area.

Yarr, that's gonna replace the whale in my nightmares.

I do find that my jeans tend to wear out around the arse and bollocks a lot. I had to throw out a pair because a hole was starting to form at the arse.
That's why I need new ones. But I got like 3 years out of this pair which I figure is good going. I think it's the arse seams that get the most stretching when you sit down/stand up, so they are the most likely to show wear and tear first, it's usually the same on all my trousers that I need to replace. It also surely depends on the quality of stitching and material of course.

c'mere @ann post you are one of my favourite thumpeders, and this isn't me having a go at you, but I was thinking over the weekend about how social roles are enforced, and I think "TMI" might be one of the ways. Like if someone talks about their piles or their sweaty balls, or their sex lives once they get past a certain age, then it's TMI - the basic message of which is "our bodies are disgusting"
Yeah but saying TMI is still often funny haha

That's why I need new ones. But I got like 3 years out of this pair which I figure is good going. I think it's the arse seams that get the most stretching when you sit down/stand up, so they are the most likely to show wear and tear first, it's usually the same on all my trousers that I need to replace. It also surely depends on the quality of stitching and material of course.
Haha, look at big arse here!

Speaking of trousers, I got a new pair of running trousers from Decathlon last week. When you wear them around the house they're really warm and comfy. When you wear them outside there's mesh venting on the inside leg that lets the breeze in while you're running. The first time I wore them outside I got hit on the inner leg with a really cold stiff breeze that caught me totally off guard. I actually thought for half a second I'd pissed myself before realising what was going on.

This is outrageous, disgraceful that this could happen. I mean, how I meant to call Henry a cheating bastard now???

Well done Thierry Henry - I've been saying this for years.
doing something instead just saying how pathetic social media is
- disengage from it. B-O-Y-C-O-T-T
let's see if this takes off - I doubt it - but nothing else is working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back