What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (6 Viewers)

he's updated his info

a309gkm5yxd61.png
Jesus.

They have a method too. They look for massive firms putting shorts on semi-dodgy stocks, and then they all rally in and start buying the stock, which can nudge the price a little and make the short wobble a bit, and I guess in the case started feeding back on itself as more people bought it.

LIke, it's very clearly about crash. It's a bubble, and everyone knows it.

It's amazing though.

Aslo - mentioned it above, but there's alg traders too, who look for these micro upticks in the market. If you get feeding into those algs, the HFT, then they can also start driving up price, which feeds back into triggering other HFT programs. Etc.

Jesus.

They have a method too. They look for massive firms putting shorts on semi-dodgy stocks, and then they all rally in and start buying the stock, which can nudge the price a little and make the short wobble a bit, and I guess in the case started feeding back on itself as more people bought it.

LIke, it's very clearly about crash. It's a bubble, and everyone knows it.

It's amazing though.

Aslo - mentioned it above, but there's alg traders too, who look for these micro upticks in the market. If you get feeding into those algs, the HFT, then they can also start driving up price, which feeds back into triggering other HFT programs. Etc.
what’s to stop the reddit clowns from just deciding to keep the stock high? clearly they care more about lulz than money. they could theoretically let the hedgies bleed for months if they wanted. no crash, just let it taper off at some stupidly-high valuation. stocky mcstockface 4eva

what’s to stop the reddit clowns from just deciding to keep the stock high? clearly they care more about lulz than money. they could theoretically let the hedgies bleed for months if they wanted. no crash, just let it taper off at some stupidly-high valuation. stocky mcstockface 4eva
No expert, but afaik there's a time limit on shorts. The people that sold shares to the hedge funds need to get their shares back by a certain agreed date. That's what makes the panic buying work.

If I understand you correctly

No expert, but afaik there's a time limit on shorts. The people that sold shares to the hedge funds need to get their shares back by a certain agreed date. That's what makes the panic buying work.

If I understand you correctly
yep, I just mean that the clowns can stay lulzy longer than the hedgies can stay solventy

anyway it’s all very entertaining and taking my mind off many other terrible things

I understand that the nerds got one over on the suits here, and that it was to do with betting on something failing and when i read the things they go in and i understand it for a nanosecond as long as the article is there in front of me but the second i close that tab i am completely perplexed by it and know for sure i am not for the financial world.

yep, I just mean that the clowns can stay lulzy longer than the hedgies can stay solventy

anyway it’s all very entertaining and taking my mind off many other terrible things
It's certainly entertaining.

A thought came to me earlier that some of the lulz guys are hedge fund traders themselves. And the only reason they've promoted this whole thing is so they can sit at their desk and watch Dave-at-the-other-end-of-the-office absolutely lose his shit for a few days. I find that amusing, but believable.

The fact that granny's pension fund is getting fucked, or that it's calling out a clearly broken system, that's neither here nor there. Just office BANTS.

from that
I was in my early teens during the '08 crisis. I vividly remember the enormous repercussions that the reckless actions by those on Wall Street had in my personal life, and the lives of those close to me. I was fortunate - my parents were prudent and a little paranoid, and they had some food storage saved up. When that crisis hit our family, we were able to keep our little house, but we lived off of pancake mix, and powdered milk, and beans and rice for a year.
Fuck me lads. That's in the USA. Fucking grim

Huh, so that’s why my brother bought shares a few weeks ago. He’s made a grand total of €240 and won’t shut the fuck up about it.

If you're looking to get rid of the toxic masculinity of stock bros some people are spinning it off into female-centered stock market astrology

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hedge fund brokers took out massive bet on GameStop shares going down instead of up by a certain date.
Thousands of nerds bought massive amount of shares, forcing the share price up.
When the time runs out, the hedge fund has to buy the shares at the current market price.
Nerds profit.

Is there any way we can use this knowledge to destroy Denis O'Brien and/or all the property "developers" in Ireland? Any of them traded publicly? I'm only half joking.

hmmm

Is it too late to get in on this? I want to make a fortune and ruin some hedge funder's life in the process

It probably is too late, this time.
Also, worth noting as mentioned earlier that while the nerds are the plucky underdogs in this story, they're still guys with tens of thousands of $ to throw at a thing just for the lulz.

i think the way you'd be able to fuck up the hedge funds buying property here would be to engage on a massive housebuilding program, to drastically reduce the price of property here. we can ask reddit for assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back