What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (6 Viewers)

Just because someone has a Masters degree in history doesn't mean they have any kind of authority about any specific historical period. Not that he isn't right etc etc ...

I have a Masters degree in contemporary art theory but actually don't have a bog about most of it.

The very fact that pop culture at the minute is still centred around ww2 and its pre-era to me just means we are still living in the shadow of that war (which we live in the shadow of technolicially) and the huge industrial void it left was filled by the industries that are destroying the planet now.

Good morning everyone.

Pretty weak argument, in fairness. I mean - communist Russia and the US were allies in WW2, but that doesn't mean they agreed on anything apart from that Hitler was their enemy
au contraire

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

checkmate Scott Adams.

I would think if there is any sense in which Antifa "preferred Hitler" (and Adams doesn't cite anything to support this) it would be because they would possibly have seen a Nazi government as inherently unstable and so messed up that (a) it would be easier to overthrow and (b) would drive more people to their cause. In a similar way that some American leftists "preferred" Trump to Clinton.

Is he incapable of understanding that in a complex situation there are often more than two sides?

Or is he perhaps disingenously using a selective misreading of history in order to smear the contemporary left?

I wonder .....

Sorry, i'm not sure what level any of us are working on anymore.

Do we all know that Scott Adams is a well known right-wing crank and is treated as a punchline by most people?

Didn’t know who he was before now.
Not this guy.
product-79109.jpg

I would think if there is any sense in which Antifa "preferred Hitler" (and Adams doesn't cite anything to support this) it would be because they would possibly have seen a Nazi government as inherently unstable and so messed up that (a) it would be easier to overthrow and (b) would drive more people to their cause. In a similar way that some American leftists "preferred" Trump to Clinton.

Is he incapable of understanding that in a complex situation there are often more than two sides?

Or is he perhaps disingenously using a selective misreading of history in order to smear the contemporary left?

I wonder .....
I followed him on twitter for a few years, until I got the picture. He is a Trump supporter (or at least was) because Trump's taxation plans would leave him better off. He spent the year leading up to the election baiting unexamined common-sense Left positions, which if frustrating, is ultimately a positive thing to do. Since then he has attempted to foment a nasty contarianism which often sounds like logic but is in fact, as you suspect, thinly veiled persuasion technique and loaded messages designed to sow discord. I cant quite make out his current motivation. He was transparently self-interested a few years ago, but now? This shit is just mad, and maddening. He has his coterie of male white Trumpite supporters who agree with everything he says and enjoy the loud angry responses he gets. He's a fucking rat.

By the way, even know I don't know the guy from Adam (ho! ho!), my "I wonder" was sarcastic - he's obviously a right wing troll.

Can we agree this is not a "pile-on"? It's just a lot of people (mostly) politely telling her to cop the fuck on.

Is she gonna address why these "anti-maskers" spend most of their time calling LGBT people paedophiles and claiming to be waging war on "antifa"?

Is she gonna address why these "anti-maskers" spend most of their time calling LGBT people paedophiles and claiming to be waging war on "antifa"?

I suspect she's drifted into the 'i'm a bit bored of all this lockdown craic, i should be skiing and this is just getting embarrasingly inconvenient' venn diagram which is a gateway drug to finding one sentence online from six months ago that slightly casts doubt on mask wearing leading you into a world of anti bullshit. That and the kind of mind that gets you into a job like that is also the kind of mind that sees a big crowd somewhere and automatically tries to put themselves at the centre of it.

Gonna be bloody costly for a bit of lifestyle entertainment*

*because I can tell you know the rte response to the forthcoming complaints will be 'this is not a current affairs show'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back