What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (6 Viewers)

Hyped for the First IOT hack that knocks out the power grid in most of global first world suburbia.

20 million light dimmers flashing on and off on a sine loop of 51hz or something like that.

The smell will be unreal.

Probably should get one of those power backup things for all my uselss data.

Hyped for the First IOT hack that knocks out the power grid in most of global first world suburbia.

20 million light dimmers flashing on and off on a sine loop of 51hz or something like that.

The smell will be unreal.

Probably should get one of those power backup things for all my uselss data.

Definitely investing in 'house battery'
When we get a house.

A cheaper alternative to a Tesla battery wall basically

Saw a thing where somebody was going through parts of the 'Walliams' books, and I am actually in favour of cancelling the cunt now, haha
His books are basically Shakin' Roald Dahl right? I mean, Roald Dahl only wrote amazing books because he was a bitter, racist mentalcase with a vendetta against everyone. He wouldnt last 5 minutes these days, well i mean he wouldn't if cancel culture was real.

His books are basically Shakin' Roald Dahl right? I mean, Roald Dahl only wrote amazing books because he was a bitter, racist mentalcase with a vendetta against everyone. He wouldnt last 5 minutes these days, well i mean he wouldn't if cancel culture was real.

Dunno but basically from what I saw Walliams books are just "Let's laugh at poor people and anyone that seems different in any way, oh hahaha"

Dunno but basically from what I saw Walliams books are just "Let's laugh at poor people and anyone that seems different in any way, oh hahaha"
They're really not. Most of the protagonists in his books are working class, some of them are impoverished. They aren't figures of fun, and the books have a real undercurrent of sadness in them. The boy in the dress is about a cross-dressing teenager.

His books are basically Shakin' Roald Dahl right?
Naw. He's influenced by Dahl, for sure, but the only thing they really have in common is Quentin Blake

I mean, Roald Dahl only wrote amazing books because he was a bitter, racist mentalcase with a vendetta against everyone. He wouldnt last 5 minutes these days, well i mean he wouldn't if cancel culture was real.
Isn't "cancel culture" just a shorthand way of referring to public shaming on the internet and saying at the same time that you don't like it?

They're really not. Most of the protagonists in his books are working class, some of them are impoverished. They aren't figures of fun, and the books have a real undercurrent of sadness in them. The boy in the dress is about a cross-dressing teenager.

@egg_ is right on this one. I've been reading a good few to the kids and that's generally what they're like. If you look at Mr Stink for example, on the face of it, it's about a smelly homeless man. But when you read it, the story is essentially about being kind to people and not judging them.
Also, the villains are Daily Mail reading Tories.

I think Versatile got the vibe of "teenage lads from Dublin taking drugs and wandering the streets at 4AM" pretty well, their stuff really reminded me of the worst bits of being a teenager; and yeah some of the most aggro lads in school would have a dad who ran a successful business or the like. Usually in a group of, say, 6 of them; 4 would be from a broken home and 2 would be from a very nice home. It's a complex thing. The bullying and racism is indefensible but not at all surprising.

I was having a conversation the other night with a mate of mine who's been a guard for the last 13 years and he got talking about how young people end up getting mixed up with gangs and the like. He was saying that generally what happens, in his experience, was that gang leaders would target vulnerable young people from an early age, say from about 6 or 7 on, offer them something that they don't have in their home (a sense of belonging, fancy clothes, electronic stuff, whatever) and then manipulate them from there. He said the guys doing this were really shrewd, with a huge sociopathic streak, and if they wanted could probably be CEOs of some massive company. There's probably an element of that in the situation that you're talking about up there.

@egg_ is right on this one. I've been reading a good few to the kids and that's generally what they're like. If you look at Mr Stink for example, on the face of it, it's about a smelly homeless man. But when you read it, the story is essentially about being kind to people and not judging them.
Also, the villains are Daily Mail reading Tories.

The TV version of that was pretty good.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back