What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (5 Viewers)

I assumed it was a reference to this sketch.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Alright. Normally I get the refs.

Normally.

Incidentally close to this exact scenario played out in a class I was in. The substitute teacher kept out reading the names that we'd never noticed were all ridiculous until the exact moment the substitute teacher read the name, and then we all giggled.

Athos... Athos? Chambers <giggle> <here!>
Thorly? huh, thor-lee, yeah, ok... Cramp. <giggle>
Roderick? Roderick? Really? :giggle:
It just went on. Suddenly every name was revealed as being weird.

By the time the guy got to Sebastien Wally we were in fits of laughter, Seb was about to fucking punch the substitute, and I think he walked out, furious, before he finished roll call.

Ahhhh Newpark. Full of cunts.

Athos wasn't a cunt though. To be fairrrrrrr.

How many people were actively running the Ra?

We know that Gerry Adams clearly wasn't. We can tick his name off. But from the remaining population on the island, I wonder how many they needed to actually run an insurrection. A lot of people need to look the other way. Logistically it would be more difficult now because of pervasive spying.

I feel like this is backwards though, the Ra were fighting the dominant power(s). The lads pushing for a race war seem to me like more of a mixed bag of gun-toting weekend racists who are in power and an underclass lashing out in frustration. Anyway, this is theoretical and the non-theoretical stuff is happening on the news right now, we'll see what happens. Stay safe over there!

Alright. Normally I get the refs.

Normally.

Incidentally close to this exact scenario played out in a class I was in. The substitute teacher kept out reading the names that we'd never noticed were all ridiculous until the exact moment the substitute teacher read the name, and then we all giggled.

Athos... Athos? Chambers <giggle> <here!>
Thorly? huh, thor-lee, yeah, ok... Cramp. <giggle>
Roderick? Roderick? Really? :giggle:
It just went on. Suddenly every name was revealed as being weird.

By the time the guy got to Sebastien Wally we were in fits of laughter, Seb was about to fucking punch the substitute, and I think he walked out, furious, before he finished roll call.

Ahhhh Newpark. Full of cunts.

Athos wasn't a cunt though. To be fairrrrrrr.

How did Porthos and Aramis feel about this?

I mean I have brought up the concept that the whole thing is based on bloodlines ages ago and got cyberclotheslined by a bunch of nerds.

They'll probably be making that point by tomorrow eve though.

Maybe those on Twitter should abandon it? It is no country for nuanced debate. The JK Rowling furore is a good example of this. Whether you agree or disagree with her-when did Twitter become a forum for true, meaningful discourse? It surely was never intended for such things? Bring back the roundtable discussions, they don't seem to have them so much anymore, maybe because those discussions actually took work, research, compassion, and the ability to listen as well as speak? I like to see the whites of people's eyes when I am debating them, you risk a lot more in person than tip-tapping away on your computer. How would one bring down Twitter? (Asking for a friend)

I don't think anyone is claiming it's a place for nuanced debate though?

Without Twitter the changes in the US wouldn't be happening right now, the protests would be going unreported or would be simply copied and pasted from police press releases.

Quite a number of people seem to be drawn into "debates" on there, though. I guess I don't see the point of that. I don't think Twitter is a place of revolution. Each to their own, as ever. I find myself writing, saying, thinking that a lot these days. I just really miss James Baldwin.

I don't think it's a place of revolution either, but I don't think the years of nuanced and civilized debates attended by no one that were held at elite universities succeeded in much material change either. Maybe with a financially independent 4th estate we wouldn't need Twitter but, well, here we are. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe there's a third way? Between both things. I don't know. I always return to my books :) That lyric from Bjork's Unison is very appealing to me:
"I thrive best
Hermit style
With a beard and a pipe
And a parrot on each side"
I haven't got a beard, or a pipe, or any parrots-but you never know. I have the Hermit thing licked at this point :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back