What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (3 Viewers)

Lads, lads..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There used to be a taxi place on the ormeau road in belfast called A Cabs. Made me laugh every time I passed.

Although the c stand for something different depending where you lived.

they basically said "Ah yeah we'll look into it". It happened on Parnell Street so I was asking if the guards would be checking CCTV in the area seeing as there must be something on the pubs and restaurants there. The response from the desk was basically "Go fuck yourself" in the words of "Well we know how to do our job, do you want to investigate it yourself". So in other words, you don't know how to do your job, because you're not fucking doing it. I bet the incident wasn't even logged the night it happened.
This is the Gards all over. Either you call them and they tell you "there's nothing we can do".
Or you go down to the station and they write your complaint down on a piece of paper with a pencil with the view to getting you to fuck off as soon as possible.
They are basically useless.

The cops are just a gang in every country anyway, a gang of bastards that do whatever they want as long as they think they can get away with it.
Yeah, they are a gang. Look what happens when Maurice McCabe tries to go against the gang culture.
McCabe is hated by rank & file Gards. Hated.

Boston cops are mostly pretty good. On my residents assoc. we have cops come in every meeting and they are super proactive in dealing with situations. If a kid is causing trouble, they will try and get the kid into a programme or get something happening for the kids, whatever they can do to take jail off the table.
Our meeting last night was all about getting summer activities for the kids, cos with a lot of shit closed and hot weather, there is likely to be more gun violence.
I live in a mostly black and hispanic neighbourhood and our community cops are black guys. They genuinely care about what they do and making their communities better.
They even send around an ice cream truck - to tell people they are part of the community.
1590668403869.png
The last neighbourhood was white - Irish & Polish - and the meetings were all about parking and traffic. Boring as fuck.

Can't speak for any other city than Boston. But I guess Eric Garner and George Floyd speak volumes.

Some select NYPD interactions:

I had a cop freak out because I looked at him. One of the group came after me to tell me I shouldn't "eyeball" police.

I had a cop lose it because I asked if a subway station was closed, square up to me, threaten to beat me up and call me stupid. (Commanding officer happened to notice the interaction, came over and pulled him off me. "They keep fuckin askin me the same dumb questions chief.")

I had a cop who was a shaking, sweating, strung out addict going nuts because I was riding my bike in a subway station. I told him I wasn't, and there were cameras all over the station that can be looked at to confirm this, this resulted in a metldown "have you any idea how difficult that is?".

This was a good one: cop pulls me over on my bike because I didn't ride through a red light. This took me a moment to get. Eventually I realized he was screaming about "all my buddies who just ride through red lights". But, he pulled me over, because I didn't, and he could "at least catch up with me because of that". Just to be clear here: I was sitting at red lights, and he pulled to scream about "my buddies" meaning cyclists, and kept screaming at me until I agreed that was terrible, then he tore off again.

So, yeah, I've had plenty of interaction with Irish Guards, but I've never had Guards warning me not to look at them.

I'm not minimizing anything, but there's a different level of anger and aggression with some of the PDs here.

I'm not minimizing anything, but there's a different level of anger and aggression with some of the PDs here.
New Yorkers are assholes, up to having a point of pride about it. The city's motto could be "Fuck you. ME!" with somebody pointing at their chest.
It was ever thus. "I'm walking here!" etc. etc.

The president is the consummate asshole and the consummate New Yorker.
NYer Boris Johnson is a just as proud to be an asshole in his own way.
That interaction in the park with the lady and the dog - you take race out of it, and it's very typical NY behaviour - from both sides. Moreso her obv.

And no one can bear to leave the expensive, overcrowded filthy shithole because they're convinced there is some magic happening there.

Nice place to visit though. Lots of cool museums.

/rant

New Yorkers are assholes, up to having a point of pride about it. The city's motto could be "Fuck you. ME!" with somebody point at their chest.
It was ever thus. "I'm walking here!"
The president is the consummate asshole.
Boris Johnson is a just as proud to be an asshole in his own way.
That interaction in the park with the lady and the dog - you take race out of it, and it's very typical NY behaviour - from both sides. Moreso her obv.
And no one can bear to leave the expensive shithole because they're convinced there is some magic happening there.

Nice place to visit though. Lots of cool museums.

/rant

Fair. I've long maintained that NYC is on average a shithole. Queens is pretty much nothing but shithole. DC is certainly better with respect to the cops.

There's a difference with being an asshole "I'm walkin here", and roaming around in body armor with guns threatening to beat people up and put them away though.

There's a difference with being an asshole "I'm walkin here", and roaming around in body armor with guns threatening to beat people up and put them away though.
Oh for sure.
But in a city of assholes, I'd expect the cops to be utter dicks.

I remember reading a story about a NY cop asked for directions by a tourist and responded "Who the fuck am I, Rand McNally?"
When pressed on manners, the response was basically that manners are a sign of weakness.

I've probably had confirmation bias on that for the last 20/30 years, but it does kind of sum them up.

DC is certainly better with respect to the cops.
DC is Chocolate City, maaan
No one getting choked to death in Atlanta neither

Some select NYPD interactions:

I had a cop freak out because I looked at him. One of the group came after me to tell me I shouldn't "eyeball" police.

I had a cop lose it because I asked if a subway station was closed, square up to me, threaten to beat me up and call me stupid. (Commanding officer happened to notice the interaction, came over and pulled him off me. "They keep fuckin askin me the same dumb questions chief.")

I had a cop who was a shaking, sweating, strung out addict going nuts because I was riding my bike in a subway station. I told him I wasn't, and there were cameras all over the station that can be looked at to confirm this, this resulted in a metldown "have you any idea how difficult that is?".

This was a good one: cop pulls me over on my bike because I didn't ride through a red light. This took me a moment to get. Eventually I realized he was screaming about "all my buddies who just ride through red lights". But, he pulled me over, because I didn't, and he could "at least catch up with me because of that". Just to be clear here: I was sitting at red lights, and he pulled to scream about "my buddies" meaning cyclists, and kept screaming at me until I agreed that was terrible, then he tore off again.

So, yeah, I've had plenty of interaction with Irish Guards, but I've never had Guards warning me not to look at them.

I look forward to Egg's posting telling you how all of these were actually your fault.

I look forward to Egg's posting telling you how all of these were actually your fault.
Ah c'mon dude. I'm not saying Guards are sound, but apart from your first example everything you said involved you telling them what they ought to be doing. What reaction do you think you'd get if you told a barman he's doing his job wrong, or doctor, or pretty much anyone?

Aren't a lot of police in the US ex-servicemen who instead of getting good mental health care, essentially get given guns and told that they're Judge Dredd?

Ah c'mon dude. I'm not saying Guards are sound, but apart from your first example everything you said involved you telling them what they ought to be doing. What reaction do you think you'd get if you told a barman he's doing his job wrong, or doctor, or pretty much anyone?

The only instance in which you could say I was telling them what they should be doing was the bouncer instance, when I was telling them that they can't have an agreement with bouncers to beat people up outside pubs. Because that's kind of the exact opposite of their job. Seems like it should be their own colleagues telling them that, not me, but seems like that doesn't happen because there were 2 or 3 of them there and the others didn't say a word to the one that was telling the bouncer they could get away with anything.

The one in the station, I didn't tell them their job. Rather, my words where something along the lines of "would that incident be getting investigated, like maybe there would be CCTV footage of it or something?". That's a question, it's not an instruction of "You have to go and look for CCTV for this". I was very careful to put it that way so as not to give them an excuse to start talking shit at me, but they just went ahead and talked shit at me anyway.

Flashback put it best above, you can't say anything to the cunts because all they'll do is just try and get rid of you whatever way they can so that they don't have to actually do the job they're meant to do. All they care about is not having people asking them questions.

Incidentally the last time I was at a doctor, around 5 years ago I think, I went in just to get a check up because I'd had constantly swelling tonsils for about 6 months leading up to that. Naturally the swelling went down about 2 days before the appointment I'd made the week before, so when I went in and explained why I'd made the appointment and figured I should just get a check-up anyway, the doctor basically told me that actually I was wasting their time and shouldn't be there. "Usually people make an appointment when there is something wrong with them" is close to the exact words.
So actually in that case I wish that instead of just saying "right so" and leaving, I'd told the doctor to do their fucking job and listen to me, and not imply that getting a check-up is wrong somehow.

Aren't a lot of police in the US ex-servicemen who instead of getting good mental health care, essentially get given guns and told that they're Judge Dredd?

The current generation are those who served in the 'war on terror' where the about 2-3 tours intimidating brown people got you setup for a job in blue. The lads at this all seem to be close to that age.

I can't say that's been my experience.

I've also had more interaction with US military types here too, both friends and family. I'd say that on balance the mil types can be a bit wacky, they are not like the NYPD / NJPD types I interacted with. In fact the US Marine corp / Naval types I knew seemed... well, sound. I was at a Naval Academy wedding, those guys were intelligent and generally smarter than I am.

The rank and file Army types are often not very educated. They can be very militaristic / black and white / I bleed Murican types (in the cases of my family - sadly). But they are often black, uneducated, underclass, and again, fairly sound.

The one thing I noticed about Mil types is they didn't have this idea that: The public all hate me, so I'm getting the first dig in. Nor did they feel they were above the law (eg drink driving/violence). That's how the PDs behaved.

Also, honestly, even among the gung-ho GOP military types, racism, if it existed, was kept quiet. Racism does not seem to be an acceptable part of the US military (again - from my small sample).

I heard a funny story about a family member, who has an Irish (ie inpenetrable to outsiders) name. Whenever she was placed in housing, she was always, without fail, placed with a black woman. For her entire career. Eventually she happened to arrive into the office where they do the housing arrangements to sign something, and the woman at the desk double taked. You're X? You? .......Oh. We thought you were black.

So, in the US black women often have weirdly spelled names. They saw the traditionally spelled Irish name and categorized her as black in the database, and then did her the favour of bunking with another black woman from that point on.

Police in the US are pretty badly paid right? It's a fairly good job over here. Then you add in all the fortunes being spent on buying military equipment for the fucking police because there isn't a big enough war right now to sell all those tanks to. Who'd have thought treating the public like they're enemy combatants in a war could end badly?

Anyway, three generations of guards on one side of my family and I can confirm they're all unhinged lunatics.

This is all fucked.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I read that this might not be the case after all, but who the fucks knows anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back