What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (4 Viewers)

I think you're referring to this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

and I suppose this is the answer

It's hard to talk about how dumb it all is without turning into Banksy - CELEBRITY CULTURE IS CRAP GUYS, STOP IDENTIFYING WITH CELEBS JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE ON TV/TWITTER

I drew a painting of kim kardashian but she's made of skulls and mcdonalds logos, it's worth 80 billion dollars.

That's the specific thing yeah, and some other comments directed at David Baddiel, who I don't agree with on many things, but I don't understand the logic of ,and this applies in a wider sense too, "Person A is bad -> Person B follows person A -> Person B is bad because of this."

I follow 900 people on twitter, but I only see tweets from about 200 of them because of the way I have my twitter set up, mad to double check this morning whether or not I was still following Glinner.

That's the specific thing yeah, and some other comments directed at David Baddiel, who I don't agree with on many things, but I don't understand the logic of ,and this applies in a wider sense too, "Person A is bad -> Person B follows person A -> Person B is bad because of this."

I follow 900 people on twitter, but I only see tweets from about 200 of them because of the way I have my twitter set up, mad to double check this morning whether or not I was still following Glinner.
People are completely thick about some things. This thefoxlux person clearly had to shut down their account because David Baddiel fans jumped down his throat about it all. Social Media is the worst invention in existence.

eh, I think you're on twitter too much if you think i was looking for you to say that.

Ah yeah, I know. But I wanted to be clear, I think I must be feeling paranoid or unsure of myself lately because I've sent apology messages to 2 people in the past week because I worried that things I said in a jokey way to them may have been condescending or insulting. These are people I'm friendly with FFS.

I wanted to be clear, I think I must be feeling paranoid or unsure of myself lately because I've sent apology messages to 2 people in the past week because I worried that things I said in a jokey way to them may have been condescending or insulting
I can't see how this insanity is going to end, but I hope it does

I was thinking over the weekend that an awful lot of discourse both online and IRL is social bonding via judging people - those people did this and are bad, people like US are sound. I also realised that a lot of MY discourse online is me positioning myself at the edge of groups - disagreeing enough that I'm obviously not an insider, but not enough to be ejected entirely.

I don't really know what to do with that insight into my own behaviour :/

I can't see how this insanity is going to end, but I hope it does

I was thinking over the weekend that an awful lot of discourse both online and IRL is social bonding via judging people - those people did this and are bad, people like US are sound. I also realised that a lot of MY discourse online is me positioning myself at the edge of groups - disagreeing enough that I'm obviously not an insider, but not enough to be ejected entirely.

I don't really know what to do with that insight into my own behaviour :/

I don't engage in Twitter and am moving more or less away from Facebook. Anyways, for what it's worth, in real life I've known people who are great people in lots of ways but hold shitty political or religious viewpoints and I've known others who I'd share common views with but are actually terrible people. So that's why I've always thought Social Media arguing is a load of bollocks. A person's viewpoints are only 1 facet of them and there's a lot more to people than that. I have friends who are pro life, we don't agree with each other but we're still friends and they're still great people in lots of other ways and I'm not less pro choice because of my association with them. Anyways, that's my 2 cents.

I'm part of a throwing muses and related bands facebook group and someone just posted an old interview with the Breeders circa 1992, interviewed by Graham Linehan, who was banging on about transvestites as a punchline back then as well

44294080_10156763871480879_8557491530032480256_n.jpg

Not gonna tell Twitter though

Not really a "pile on" as such, but pretty funny, nonetheless:

Woke men advocating trans rights are "MRAs wrapped in rainbow flags", apparently

I'll give Glinner credit though, he's really really into this. Whatever this is.

I feel like he's not being a cunt somehow. Is this wishful thinking? I feel like he means well.

I will be a rampant cunt bigot and say if a genetically male woman is up against a genetic female in sports it's often not OK if we're talking physicality. I was a strictly mediocre cyclist, I could sit in with lads who were good and rode in the Olympics but I was clearly less good than they were. I could casually destroy female olympians. Like, having a chat with them sitting up waiting for them, happy when they pull up alongside me. And I was demonstratively shit. I've done some boxing and I've been hit by male boxers and female boxers and it's different.

I've never ridden with trans women or sparred with trans women so maybe I'm talking shite, but I have a feeling there's still something fundamentally different going on physically.

I'm not racist but. The jews. Etc.
/bigot

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back