What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (3 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Todays Conor McGregor pile on.

Which bears no relation to everyone supporting and watching the world cup which also was in Russia and should not be even be considered an indication of twitter's flippant virtue systems.

Todays Conor McGregor pile on.

Which bears no relation to everyone supporting and watching the world cup which also was in Russia and should not be even be considered an indication of twitter's flippant virtue systems.

There's a bit of a difference between a football fan enjoying the world cup, or a player going over and playing there, and giving a personal endorsement to Putin.

There's a bit of a difference between a football fan enjoying the world cup, or a player going over and playing there, and giving a personal endorsement to Putin.

I didn't say they were the same. I more saying that they are not entirely disconnected and its entirely easy for people to accept these to be two completely different societal functions when realistically one allows for the other. Do you think he'd be there if there was an Irish boycott of world cup?

Well to me its an interesting moment in twitter observation terms. I don't think one really can exist without the other, or to put it more securely, to deeply analyze behaviors and attitudes on this dichotomy wouldn't be too welcome in terms of RT capital, but its way more educational than just 'conor is bad and this bears no relation'.

Russia has been trending in the western world for weeks now. Even though the consensus is 'putin is bad man'. McGregor has (I'm not saying he's great or anything here) a convenient place to park all the Russia-negatives and morally everyone can shower with that and move on.

here's one thats interesting kinda - its got local minor slebs, peterson and syntax going for it. Its small but its got anatomy to look at.

Here's the first tweet I saw:

Which is a screen grab giving zero context at how that point in the discussion. Thats awfully twitter.
I don't know who this person is but here we are presented with a shade thread. No balls to tag her either, just subweet all the way.

So I went looking for the sources...

here's her thread opener. Its pretty reasonable IMHO

which very quickly turned into a war about words, even though she's pretty clear about where she stands on these things

but by extrapolation, by mentioning peterson at all she has ended up with a fair bit personal digs

Anywhoo - I'm sure all these will be deleted before someone reads them but Its mad to look at the actions of the hive. I'm not pointing at it to say someone is right, and someone is wrong, but its amazing to see one question turn into screen grab subtweet shade campaigns.

This has done a few laps of my timeline today:

Pages of responses and RT's.

In fairness though, its not really a very well thought out statement considering his very public persona. Unless he was smart enough to rob it off someone and go full social experiment on us.

What the fuck is he on

I think he is a troll, at least for the past decade or so. I mean we could call him a provocateur or polemicist if we want to be polite but all of those categories do suggest he's not being serious and that's probably not accurate so maybe he was just driven insane by the internet or from appearing on too much US cable news. If he's not a troll then he is a crazy man who needs to seek help.

I think he is a troll, at least for the past decade or so. I mean we could call him a provocateur or polemicist if we want to be polite but all of those categories do suggest he's not being serious and that's probably not accurate so maybe he was just driven insane by the internet or from appearing on too much US cable news. If he's not a troll then he is a crazy man who needs to seek help.

I think so

I think he's closer to crazy rather than a troll.

Thanks you for putting this in my head. Just great. thanks

Here's a pretty mad one. I've never rented in Dublin though, maybe this is all normal?

Here's a pretty mad one. I've never rented in Dublin though, maybe this is all normal?

This is a pretty common thing. You get whole streets where the residents committees or other self appointed busybodies declare that no one can hang laundry from their windows.

It's been in any and every renting contract i've ever signed but i've only ever once had an issue where someone tried to enforce it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back