What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (6 Viewers)

I'm a bit fuzzy on the TERF wars and the whole Glinner mess so I might be going off-topic, but is the argument you're characterising there your opinion or the opinion of the anti-Glinners? Isn't it a bit of a dodgy stance? For example, like, say, in cases of domestic violence? i.e. "she drove me to it."

My opinion, based on empirical observation. His position at first seemed to be based on ‘look, trans activists physically attack feminists! They’re awful people’. Looking into most of these incidents (I’m not about to cite any here, you have Google) they’re the result of provocation: trans people being denied their existence. Because they’re not ‘real women’.

He’s more than clarified his position since. You can look at his own feed the last few days and see the rubbish he’s been spewing for yourself.

My opinion, based on empirical observation. His position at first seemed to be based on ‘look, trans activists physically attack feminists! They’re awful people’. Looking into most of these incidents (I’m not about to cite any here, you have Google) they’re the result of provocation: trans people being denied their existence. Because they’re not ‘real women’.

He’s more than clarified his position since. You can look at his own feed the last few days and see the rubbish he’s been spewing for yourself.

But to you think that's okay? To physically assault someone who, say, denies your validity, like in this case? I understand there has been provocation on the part of the so-called TERFs but as far as I know it hasn't been physical.

But to you think that's okay? To physically assault someone who, say, denies your validity, like in this case? I understand there has been provocation on the part of the so-called TERFs but as far as I know it hasn't been physical.

I never said I think assault is OK. What I did say is that I can understand where it’s coming from. In any case, it was never really about the asssults; his last few days of tweets will show you that.

I never said I think assault is OK. What I did say is that I can understand where it’s coming from. In any case, it was never really about the asssults; his last few days of tweets will show you that.

Also to avoid any confusion: it’s TERFs who claim to have been victimised/assaulted by trans activists, but their stories from what I’ve seen leave out their anti-trans provocation. Not that that condones the response, but it gives you the whole picture.

I wish it wouldn’t go on, but I do get what you mean; maybe good to get stuff out in the open so people might get more educated about trans issues. Not that I know anything myself really, I’m a cis het white man. But I try to pay attention, and think about what matters to me and what doesn’t, though that part’s harder to explain.

Its like linehan meltdown week 4 now?

No so much a pile on but what I noticed (and of course have no examples of to hand) in the last few days were viral tweets about twitter behaviors.

one was about something to do with spending time posting on timelines that you'll unfollow them if they do x/y/z is bullying

and

one was on the theme of following people you disagree with an then going cray cray when they post something you dont agree with being questionable.

more as it happens.

Could genuinely do with seeing a pile-on for this bullshit...it's minor but infuriating. I've already tweeted about it.

Negotiating the Future - Kilkenny Arts Festival 09-19 August 2018

I cannot understand how people still give this ruinous weasel a platform - in recent months I've heard him on Newstalk and R4...I'm sure there's been much more than this. And now one of the biggest arts festivals in the country is providing another little stepping stone to his resurrection and ascension to the Aras.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back