What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (7 Viewers)

Well if you dispense with one moral you'll dispense with another. And another. It's a symptom of these materialistic times that people think only about their own gratification and call it an abuse of their human rights to put any restraints on behavior even when it destroys millennia of human development and replaces it with a culture of death.

Well if you dispense with one moral you'll dispense with another. And another. It's a symptom of these materialistic times that people think only about their own gratification and call it an abuse of their human rights to put any restraints on behavior even when it destroys millennia of human development and replaces it with a culture of death.

Thank you for clearing that up Mr. Waters

Hitchcock's Vertigo is problematic for people who suffer from that condition. While not afflicted by it myself I demand its cancellation and that the film be wiped from the archives and all hard copies be burned.

Lads - just because one person says something stupid on the Internet does mean that anything has been 'cancelled'. I just checked my DVD copy of The Shining and it still exists.

American Niall Horan ( one Direction) fans are going to war with Dustin the Turkey

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

what tit wrote that?

I honestly think it's just a brain storming session, virtual or otherwise, of bosses impelling writers to draft shit that will get people's backs up, at this stage. It's like deep click bait. Almost all supposedly progressive articles written in the last few years stink of this bad faith bolloxology. It's to obscure the need for real change while the 1% accumulate enough to survive the on-coming climate nightmare. They fear organisation so instruct their media-industrial minions to sow the discourse with this shite. These distractions will likely work, sadly.

I honestly think it's just a brain storming session, virtual or otherwise, of bosses impelling writers to draft shit that will get people's backs up, at this stage. It's like deep click bait. Almost all supposedly progressive articles written in the last few years stink of this bad faith bolloxology. It's to obscure the need for real change while the 1% accumulate enough to survive the on-coming climate nightmare. They fear organisation so instruct their media-industrial minions to sow the discourse with this shite. These distractions will likely work, sadly.

I think you might be right. Also, the tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorist in me believes that the rise in identity politics bickering in left wing media seemed to coincide with the dwindling of the Occupy movement.

I'm not sure I would go as far as to say that this stuff is being deliberately generated in the way you are suggesting but I definitely think the response to it is. So, in other words, every time someone on the Internet writes something about how awful <insert some seemingly innocuous example of popular culture> is, it immediately gets pounced on in the OMG-look-what-the-crazy-lefties-are-saying-now way (this used to take the form of "it's political correctness gone mad" and now it's "cancel-culture is out of control"). Most of the time it's some largely insignificant piece that virtually no-one would notice until it gets amplified in this way and then used to discredit perfectly legitimate cultural critique. And people fall for this .. each and every single time. And, as you say, it's a distraction.

So, I don't think they have to write it themselves ... the Internet is bascially a million monkeys with typewriters ... everything gets written eventually, right? You just have to find it.

I'm not sure I would go as far as to say that this stuff is being deliberately generated in the way you are suggesting but I definitely think the response to it is. So, in other words, every time someone on the Internet writes something about how awful <insert some seemingly innocuous example of popular culture> is, it immediately gets pounced on in the OMG-look-what-the-crazy-lefties-are-saying-now way (this used to take the form of "it's political correctness gone mad" and now it's "cancel-culture is out of control"). Most of the time it's some largely insignificant piece that virtually no-one would notice until it gets amplified in this way and then used to discredit perfectly legitimate cultural critique. And people fall for this .. each and every single time. And, as you say, it's a distraction.

So, I don't think they have to write it themselves ... the Internet is bascially a million monkeys with typewriters ... everything gets written eventually, right? You just have to find it.

Yeah, generally it's 'here's 5 or 6 twitter screen shots that we're using to base our article on. Can you believe those lefties are trying to cancel Dave Chapelle now? These twitter screen shots prove it that we spent hours trawling for after his latest comedy special was released prove it. Those crazy lefties. Also read this other article we wrote about how the SJWs are forcing studio executives into having ethnically diverse actors in Star Wars and ruining the childhood you've been living for the last 50 years. Gah! Are you angry?? I'm fucking angry. ARGGHHH!'

Or something along those lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back