What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (9 Viewers)

jk rowling has written an open letter discussing her sexual assault and how it informs her beliefs on trans issues.

twitter will be a rollercoaster for a few days.

Saw that. At one point in it she says that she has been “cancelled“ four or five times now. Surely this is proof of my basic assertion that “cancelling” is not actually a thing?

They're not going to stop her being a billionaire or whatever but her books might start to get taken off syllabi/ may take a hit in being the only reference point some people have.

I mean, it depends how well you think Morrissey is doing in 2020 I guess. He seems alright to me but Morrissey certainly thinks he's a victim.

I like JK a lot. I will never take her off my syllabus. And if this actually does start to happen then we have a real problem, and a movement towards something extremely damaging, and extremely scary. I don't want to live in a world that would want that. I find myself incredibly disenchanted with many things at the moment, but it's actually having the effect of making me muse about becoming a kind of Catwoman type figure. Watch this space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back