What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (7 Viewers)

Took me a while to understand this ... so hang on, I wanna make sure I get this - because the lads that made The Matrix are women now, we're going to say that they were always women? This is a new one on me. I mean - ok. But could someone please verify I'm picking this up right?
The Matrix is an allegory for transgender identity and the Wachowskis identified as female back then, even if they didn’t publicise it. One of the characters (Switch) was even meant to change gender when moving from the matrix to the real world within the film.

Ah yeah, I don't think it was sold as the film about the transgender experience back in 1999 or whenever. Was years and years before I found out about that aspect as well.

I saw it as a regular sci-fi film at the time but it’s pretty obvious when you watch it again knowing what we do now about the Wachowskis. Weirdly, it makes the sequels less sensible in my mind.

Read the twitter thread. Ok. Wow. Staying good in the modern world means you need to stay right up to date
I mean, it does and it doesn't

I think it mostly means we have to be willing to stay engaged

Fry asked a fair question, you'd have to think

Last edited:
Fry asked a fair question, you'd have to think

Kinda?

Like twitter is mental and the question is fair, but this is Stephen Fry has built a career persona on knowing nerdy interesting stuff about things and talking about them in a really enjoyable way.

This is a lad effectively looking at a tv guide and blurting out the first thing off the top of his head without delving into any of the nerdy reading of things that probably would have made him not bother tweeting about it. He could have been more Stephen Fry about it.

This is a lad effectively looking at a tv guide and blurting out the first thing off the top of his head without delving into any of the nerdy reading of things that probably would have made him not bother tweeting about it. He could have been more Stephen Fry about it.
I'd agree with that.

I think he thought he found a misogyny and in his understandable excitement he went straight to the mob with treasure, but he did a transphobe oops instead.

He bypassed the standard Stephen Fry brain protocols.

Stephen Fry is canceled

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's unfortunate.

Obviously I hate all women far more than the most ardently woman hating women hater, but even a hideous misogynist like myself would probably tread a little bit less heavy there.

Doesn't Fry have a history of transphobic comments? I don't think this is an innocent mistake about not knowing that the directors are female.

elizabeth warren staffers getting called out for inadvertently getting tattoos that resemble holocaust survivor tattoos :oops:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back