What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (1 Viewer)

Lili Marlene

Wanna Get Out
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
I have to be on twitter for my job, until I quit or the world fucking falls apart I have to deal with all the 23 year olds finding some half-forgotten soft-rock or disco song and declaring it THE REAL DEFINING SONG OF THIS OR ANY OTHER GENERATION in that same twitter voice everyone speaks in and I increasingly find myself thinking in. Fucking hell life is grim.

ann post

Threads
I have a work account that I have to log into on monday. I just rid of the semi personal one. Not to hyped out that at all.

So far, I'm still seeing a fair bit f twiiter through here, fb, reddit and so on but my interest level in being tied to it is through the floor. There is so much less AI coughing up the dumbest thought of the day into my eyes already.

Bernie Lomax

Threads
Well there was a video posted on twitter earlier of some young girls in a hijabs getting racially abused by a gang of teens in Dundrum and this pro cycling account compared it to the plight of Dublin cyclists and the treatment they get from other road users

Cormcolash

Threads
Website
geocities.com
Well there was a video posted on twitter earlier of some young girls in a hijabs getting racially abused by a gang of teens in Dundrum and this pro cycling account compared it to the plight of Dublin cyclists and the treatment they get from other road users
Fuck sake, sounds like that particular cyclist probably deserves the shit they get!

ann post

Threads

magicbastarder

Threads
Website
stroma.org
it's actually a bit of a joke among cyclists - the 'if you're a white male and want to feel what it's like to be a woman or minority, hop on a bike; if you get in trouble, people will automatically assume you were wearing the wrong clothing, or had not taken enough precautions to protect yourself, so it's your own fault, etc.'
i don't think anyone takes the comparison too seriously though. the tweet was a little ham fisted about it though.

Lili Marlene

Wanna Get Out
Supporter
Contributor
Threads

ann post

Threads
What, a LIAR?
The worst kind of LIAR no doubt.

Just did my daily work tour. Same people amplifying a bunch of stuff I'd otherwise never have heard of while claiming to be against it.

The weekly good bercow moment.

Outrage at dumb stuff.

Hot comedy takes on things.

Some people attacking Greta Thunberg, Some people defending Greta Thunberg while piling on the data mountain.

Log out.

ann post

Threads
Yeah you can just pay a lot of places to play a round of golf and practice to becoming a member.
Almost every Irish rugby squad member is from a private fee paying school
I was referring more to the kinda comparison they are making. 'i see a number of people' - unless he's willing to screen grab or quote then it's just some hypothetical subtweeting to me. I don't care about rugby or golf. It's more how something without evidence can spread on social media because it's what people want to hear. It might be true, if so have the balls to evidence it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads