What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (3 Viewers)

This deranged, self regarding thread on the subject of is it ok to go to a Taylor Swift concert despite the fact that her fella is a dickhead.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Basically, I'm going to tie myself in knots over this, at least publicly, before deciding the right course of action is the one that suits myself.

Saw some ethics lad do that on Twitter during the pandemic

"Should I travel with my family for a vacation during Covid travel restrictions when only emergency travel is advised?"
The answer also was that he should do the thing he wanted to do anyways.
Shocker.

Like it can simultaneously be true that there are real and serious problems in the world and that also a lot of (particularly white) people's fucking brains are broken to fuck also

The idea there seems to be that Taylor (who that person clearly is on first names terms with) or whoever is flavour of the day, wether they are goodie or a baddie are expected to be religiously immaculate to some imagined version people have cooked up. perfectly good or perfectly bad. The wave of tweeting comes off that realisation that they are neither perfectly any ideal that people have built around them.
It's kinda like a *bit* religious like people are all searching through their own stack of cards to find the one that cant be fucked with, the immaculte one. The virgin mary of the modern era. It's great that we've moved on from a religion dominated society all the same .

The idea there seems to be that Taylor (who that person clearly is on first names terms with) or whoever is flavour of the day, wether they are goodie or a baddie are expected to be religiously immaculate to some imagined version people have cooked up. perfectly good or perfectly bad. The wave of tweeting comes off that realisation that they are neither perfectly any ideal that people have built around them.
It's kinda like a *bit* religious like people are all searching through their own stack of cards to find the one that cant be fucked with, the immaculte one. The virgin mary of the modern era. It's great that we've moved on from a religion dominated society all the same .
I am gonna contradict myself slightly here and say that many of my peers did similar hand-wringing over Morrissey when he broke bad.

Taylor holds a similar spot for a lot of these fans. Got them through their tween and teen years and told them it might be alright. She's as big a star as there is.

Like that thread is kind of bonkers, but I know people with Morrissey tattoos that have been fucking through the ringer - like full performative spleen venting on the socials - with their Mozdom trying to square the circle on that utter fucking narcissistic gobshite.

Like it's all a bit much. But not particularly so cos it's being done by Swifties.

At least TayTay never fucker over her rhythm section.

Sorry, still on this

She turned off comments, but the quotes are full of little bits of treasure

I am gonna contradict myself slightly here and say that many of my peers did similar hand-wringing over Morrissey when he broke bad.

Aye what ye gonna do. The Smiths did some stuff that is essentially perfect, it's great that it's on tape. Morrisey being god and all that, it's hard for him not to fall in reputation at some point by being whatever type of human he is.

I haven't kept up with why everyone hates "Britain's strictest school principal" but those vilifying her for her Ike and Tina Turner "good times" tweet must feel a bit foolish now.

I haven't kept up with why everyone hates "Britain's strictest school principal" but those vilifying her for her Ike and Tina Turner "good times" tweet must feel a bit foolish now.

She gave a deranged speech at that National Conservative event last week which seems to have been what brought her to most people 's attention..

Birbalsingh speech Conservative conference speech. be warned this is delusional and extremely arrogant w/ a lot of self promotion.

''adult authority'' mentioned multiple times - fuck that.
''children not held to account'' mentioned multiple times - what?? adults were never held to account in my childhood.
she quotes and praises Elon Musk - He can FOAD.
also quotes and praises outdated writers Kipling, Chesterton and... Whitney Houston.
''my school Michela'' mentioned a LOT.
she starts shouting shortly after 19:00 and about 19:30 w/ 50 secs goes in Gladiator speech.
even some Tories would be embarrassed.
there's little doubt Birbalsingh get high on the idea of being cancelled.

Birbalsingh speech Conservative conference speech. be warned this is delusional and extremely arrogant w/ a lot of self promotion.

''adult authority'' mentioned multiple times - fuck that.
''children not held to account'' mentioned multiple times - what?? adults were never held to account in my childhood.
she quotes and praises Elon Musk - He can FOAD.
also quotes and praises outdated writers Kipling, Chesterton and... Whitney Houston.
''my school Michela'' mentioned a LOT.
she starts shouting shortly after 19:00 and about 19:30 w/ 50 secs goes in Gladiator speech.
even some Tories would be embarrassed.
there's little doubt Birbalsingh get high on the idea of being cancelled.

I lasted 14 seconds of that, I think it took 4 seconds to conclude that she is a cunt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back