What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (5 Viewers)

Even WonderWoman pitched in.I cant find the original post that started it all though

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Apparently there's more fat in it too, I learned that from reading more of this thing than I'd like to know.

She is right though, American butter is shit.
Well American food in general isn't great, what with their lack of legal protections and standards. Freedom!!

I'm telling you though, it's almost entirely about the salt

More fat from happier cows. I guess the churning process is better too.

Is there still a Butter Museum in Cork? That was great.

I like Irish butter as much as the next Irish person, because it's consistently salted and of a good quality in general, but I'm telling you "Kerrygold is the greatest butter worldwide" is just more of this

I like Irish butter as much as the next Irish person, because it's consistently salted and of a good quality in general, but I'm telling you "Kerrygold is the greatest butter worldwide" is just more of this

You’re both wrong on this.

I don't really disagree with you. I would say there's a lot of other stories told to me about the history of the last 170 odd years that would add to that marketing palaver, whatever those stories' truth, that make cow based products fundamentally important. At least where I grew up.
So it's not commodity fetishism, to me personally. Maybe that term would apply to those twitter people, I dunno.

But hey, Tesco branded butter in Ireland is far better than identically packaged butter in the UK I've noticed. Irish butter is just better. That, and (less so, but still) a well prepared Guinness, matters to me a lot.

Apparently there's more fat in it too, I learned that from reading more of this thing than I'd like to know.

She is right though, American butter is shit.
american butter tends to be corn fed, not grass fed, IIRC. less beta carotene for that yellowish goodness*

*i may be unknowingly spouting marketing shit.

US butter have salted and non-salted options, just like we have
I know there's a difference in fat content, but there has to be something about the grass feed or the specifics of our herd affecting the taste of Kerrygold.
Glanbia do a butter called Truly and it is very comparable.

KerryGold is not the best butter in the world but it's a premium product that you can reasonably expect to find in a lot of supermarkets around the world.
Like Johnnie Walker whiskey. Or Lindt chocolate.

Anytime I'm visiting people in the US, I get some Kerrygold and just stick it in their fridge.
It might sound obnoxious, but people genuinely go gaga for it there. Like that coloniser-apologist lady.

This kind of shit is everywhere for years now
Take something people are enjoying, come at it from a (not gonna say 'woke') enlightened angle, and vouchsafe your higher moral standing, keener insight and just all round better internet citizenship.

Like this was last night just about the new Velma cartoon.
People literally can't help themselves. They've been taught to mistrust everything, and call out everything.
1674000335396.png

There is more than plenty of shit and evil to distrust and call out in the world, heck knows.
But these poor saps are like Bitcoiners, out there trying to mine the tiniest bits of self-worth and internet clout off of butter and cartoons and fuck knows what else.
Like not even the butter or the cartoons, they're seemingly (not gonna say 'triggered') set off by people's enjoyment of these things.

Incapable of being happy, incapable of accepting happiness in others. Spreading like a virus.

Fucking ponderous, man.

Shouldn't I be sleeping?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back