What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (1 Viewer)

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
brainwashed.com
That Bond song is fucking shit, and almost all modern pop should basically be crediting producers as co-writers because that's what almost all pop producers are actually doing nowadays.
Haven’t they always though? They’re there to make sure the record label makes money so they’ll push the songwriting in some form (direct or indirect) towards what is marketable. I mean, otherwise they are acting as engineers or doing shag all.

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
That Bond song is fucking shit, and almost all modern pop should basically be crediting producers as co-writers because that's what almost all pop producers are actually doing nowadays.
AFAIK producers often are credited as co-writers for pop these days, or at least a producer deal often involves a cut of the rights money

seanc

'xactly.

I thought you guys all know that and were arguing about something more complex that I didn't understand.

ann post

Solutions
Been waiting for someone to point out that the credits are all about how much money different people get from the song.

If I had writted a whole record on my own, i would most certainly opt to give the producer a writing credit and lifelong royalty for the song I wrote rather than paying them thier rate. That would be the logical thing for me to do, a person who writes all my own songs :p

Cormcolash

Website
geocities.com
Haven’t they always though? They’re there to make sure the record label makes money so they’ll push the songwriting in some form (direct or indirect) towards what is marketable. I mean, otherwise they are acting as engineers or doing shag all.
There used to be a lot more distinction between producer and engineer, now there is very little

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
If I had writted a whole record on my own, i would most certainly opt to give the producer a writing credit and lifelong royalty for the song I wrote rather than paying them thier rate. That would be the logical thing for me to do, a person who writes all my own songs :p
Me too, seeing as that'd mean I'd pay them fuck all

seanc

More likely the Jimmy Carr joke. Though maybe Rogan is in there. But Rogan wasn't considered that funny even when he was a comedian, he was too mean.

If she is talking about Carr and then mentions paying taxes, then that's a nice little stealth joke.

Having thought about this a bit recently, it seems to be about "don't punch down when telling a joke", which I would agree with wholeheartedly.

Shine Vol. 2

FURIOUS
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Kirstie Allsopp.

I'm actually not even enjoying the pile-on since it's just the same old shit; same memes, same jokes barely updated with her name plugged in. Off with her head all the same.

Unicron

Supporter
Solutions
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
Kirstie Allsopp.

I'm actually not even enjoying the pile-on since it's just the same old shit; same memes, same jokes barely updated with her name plugged in. Off with her head all the same.

I'm not sure his is even entirely new for her. I feel sure she gt involved in the avocado toast wars a few years ago as well.

21 Day Calendar

Tropical Fuck Storm
The Button Factory
Curved St, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland
Myles Manley - 'Cometh The Softies Album Launch 09/06/22
The Workman's Cellar
8 Temple Bar, Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Beyond The Pale
Glendalough Estate
Glendalough Estate, Co. Wicklow, Ireland

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Activity

Loading…

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads