What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (4 Viewers)

Is there outrage on Twitter because Fontaine's DC aren't from Dublin? Really?

Have bands like dropkick Murphys and the many many other similar bands complete passed them by?

Yeah, Dropkick Murphys and their ilk are just FIRST ALBUM ONLY Pogues fans, Fontaines I hope only have that one dodgy trad attempt.

Have bands like dropkick Murphys and the many many other similar bands complete passed them by?
Is it not the case with them that all the members were of irish ancestry and combining trad and american punk stylings was about the most honest thing they could do? I kinda think it's a fair bit different to putting on dublin poorface.

Is it not the case with them that all the members were of irish ancestry and combining trad and american punk stylings was about the most honest thing they could do? I kinda think it's a fair bit different to putting on dublin poorface.
Poorface? Da bleedin price of flats in da liberties ya mad yoke.

Ah now, if it wasn't for us lot you'd only have Dublin and Liverpool jerseys on display. Adding a bit of colour I'd say. And Foster and Allen.

just seems a bit gutless to me to show up in a city and expect to have everything on your door step having done none of the groundwork.
decades ago it was different in some places when squatting etc was still an option but now I just feel pity for city folk, haemorrhaging money for the privilege of living in places that only care for rich pricks now.

Irish people who go to live in the UAE should have their passports taken away and given to those lovely Pakistani, Nigerian, Chinese or Brazilian folks.

just seems a bit gutless to me to show up in a city and expect to have everything on your door step having done none of the groundwork.
decades ago it was different in some places when squatting etc was still an option but now I just feel pity for city folk, haemorrhaging money for the privilege of living in places that only care for rich pricks now.

Irish people who go to live in the UAE should have their passports taken away and given to those lovely Pakistani, Nigerian, Chinese or Brazilian folks.

Hang on now, are you having a go?

I came up to Dub-a-lin basically as quick as I could. And I think I did "the groundwork", and I made it my home. If I was to move back to Ireland I'd go straight back to South Central y'all. Couldn't imagine what I'd do with myself in the sticks.
Then London, similar but different. London wouldn't be London without idiots like me.

If you're talking about gombeens who move to Dublin, then complain about Dublin, and spend their whole time in Dublin without ever going to a museum or a park or a gig or an unfamiliar restaurant or even vote in Dublin, and take the washing home to mammy every weekend, then yeah, fuck them. Or people who go to UAE for the money

I think this corner of the internet does not have many people like that.

What this has to do with Fontaines DC, I'm not sure. I guess I see myself in them. But I'm better.

If you're talking about gombeens who move to Dublin, then complain about Dublin, and spend their whole time in Dublin without ever going to a museum or a park or a gig or an unfamiliar restaurant or even vote in Dublin, and take the washing home to mammy every weekend, then yeah, fuck them. Or people who go to UAE for the money
Pretty sure that's exactly what he's on about alright

complain about Dublin, and spend their whole time in Dublin without ever going to a museum or a park or a gig or an unfamiliar restaurant or even vote in Dublin,
Sounds like a lot of Dubliners I know. A friend of a friend from Sallynoggin didn't even know where the GPO was for fucks sake.

I was talking to a lad in galway recently who didn't know where the sails were.

You know, that huge monument in the middle of eyre square in sight of all bus and rail stations

I went back home years ago and a friend related how she had moved to Dublin.

"In Kimmage"
"Oh, cool that's near me. Have you tried that caff they have there yet? The breakfasts are amazing I've been told."

"Oh god no. I mean, it's in Kimmage but it's a gated community"
"What the fuck does that even mean?"

I was quite ready to tear her a new one, but seeing as I was only home for the anniversary mass of her fathers suicide, I held back. But my GRRRRRRness was palpable. I do feel strongly about this, whatever "this" is. A gated community? fuck off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back