What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (4 Viewers)

I read one tweet about it, which I'm sure can't fully summerise it. But it was enough for me to go "fuck this," the only internet drama I'm interested in at the moment is that 96 year old Nazi woman who ran away from her trial in Germany recently. And the 100 year old Nazi they're putting on trial soon.

Last edited:
a somewhat-esoteric twitter pile-on where the barrier-to-entry is that you have to read a 10,000-word completely bonkers article and then come back around and give all your hot takes about how american writers are all just pretty much insane

Paywall is the main barrier-to-entry tbh

Paywall is the main barrier-to-entry tbh

if you have telegram, and you send the URL to someone (or have them send it to you), then it makes a link that includes a button that says ‘instant view’ — if you tap *that* button instead of the main link, the whole article loads, no ads, no paywall, inside telegram. works for quite a few paywall websites. kinda handy.

IMG_5286.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hah - flying close on teh godwins law. Anywhoo the tweet we were all waiting for

lolol

John McGuirk and the National Review pretend Irish guy who wrote a pretend Irish book do not approve

The % truth in this fascinates me. Taking one part of the detail and making it the story - and those who want to hear that story are sharing it like wildfire - meanwhile the full details aren't moving at the same speed so wondering how much this campaign will stick.
Possibly just everyone will hear what they want to and resolve it thus.

The % truth in this fascinates me. Taking one part of the detail and making it the story - and those who want to hear that story are sharing it like wildfire - meanwhile the full details aren't moving at the same speed so wondering how much this campaign will stick.
Possibly just everyone will hear what they want to and resolve it thus.
With Sinn Féin so high in the polls, and their traditional solidarity with the Palestinians, I expect this is a taste of the future when the American right decides Ireland has been taken over by Nazis.

if Israel's government stopped starting problems with Palestinians, people (in Ireland and elsewhere) might stop having problems with the Israeli state.
Sally Rooney writes boring self absorbed books that seem to have feck all to say about activism. Israelis ain't missing much.

also I am still laughing at Lars Vilks and his two police minders snuffing it last week.

if Israel's government stopped starting problems with Palestinians, people (in Ireland and elsewhere) might stop having problems with the Israeli state.
Sally Rooney writes boring self absorbed books that seem to have feck all to say about activism. Israelis ain't missing much.
Their self absorption is what makes them good. The self absorption is the point. God.

With Sinn Féin so high in the polls, and their traditional solidarity with the Palestinians, I expect this is a taste of the future when the American right decides Ireland has been taken over by Nazis.

Yeah i have some memory of being lectured about what Ireland had done wrong during the post property boom era and being referenced a load of imaginary shit about it at the same time.

I mean like the most interesting thing is it's showing where a load of social actors stand on the whole genocide issue and still have like, jobs in public places...

Yeah i have some memory of being lectured about what Ireland had done wrong during the post property boom era and being referenced a load of imaginary shit about it at the same time.

I mean like the most interesting thing is it's showing where a load of social actors stand on the whole genocide issue and still have like, jobs in public places...
I'll be interested to see if the sensible voice of middle Ireland people like Brendan O'Connor or Jennifer O'Connell wade in with opinions.

I'll be interested to see if the sensible voice of middle Ireland people like Brendan O'Connor or Jennifer O'Connell wade in with opinions.

I dunno, from the gang of imperialists last night one has started deleting thier own tweets. The sunday times PR guy has waded in a bit and part of me is kinda thinking a bit like Micheal D and the getting doxxed for not taking up an invitation thing, that this is the first time anyone who secretley wants to take a shot a Sally Rooney is gonna line up.

saw a perceptive comment along the lines that sally ought to now drive the point home by commissioning a translation into yiddish

I bet she’s glad right now that she’s not on social media

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back