WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK???? (1 Viewer)

I'm on Eircom at the minute. What alternatives would people recommend? I changed from BT because they were shit and overcharged us a number of times.

It seems like a really heavy handed way to deal with it when people who don't download yet share a connection with someone who does are cut off.

I'd say Fergal Sharkey is delighted at this news.

ms2.jpg

and so can this cunt(whos not liking being an attachment either)

Attachments

• wanker.jpg
    wanker.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 91
i think they'e started that already without us anyways. as mentioned before on here, they are hardly going to kick off thousands of paying customers.

I agree, but they might hand over yer name if you DO leave.

Talk about your rackets.

I honestly worry if I switch they'll have reason to rat me out...

So I've stopped doing the do and in a few months I'll switch.

So if your kid repeatedly robs someone, it's not a problem to you. If your kid repeatedly skips school, it's not a problem to you. But if the little bastard/ess downloads justin timberlake three times, they cut your internet off.

Fair play.

This has probably been answered in these threads before, but what constitutes downloading?
Just torrents and peer to peer sharing or are they on about rapidshare/mediafire?

Are they just going to look at your history, see you downloaded a rapidshare file and assume its an illegal album and not Aunt Mary's holiday photos?

It'll probably take a report from a 3rd party monitoring service.
Eircom are not gonna police the network themselves.

This has probably been answered in these threads before, but what constitutes downloading?Just torrents and peer to peer sharing or are they on about rapidshare/mediafire?
Just torrents and even with torrents as long as you're not uploading you'll be be grand according to the Irish Times article:
"Irma is using a third-party firm, Dtecnet, to identify Eircom customers who are sharing, and not simply downloading, a specific list of its members’ copyrighted works on peer-to-peer networks."

What is most annoying is that rather than being a legal thing that can be fought it is all an arrangement between Eircom and IRMA. No recourse, no oversight, no comeback, no review. IRMA couldn't have wished for better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back