What the fucking fuck - "Why isn't my child as clever as me?" (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 20
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 3

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
All the other milestones found her trailing. She'd reach them eventually, months behind her contemporaries.
It's not helpful to compare, I'd tell myself. Celebrate her for herself. But when you're a new parent, it's impossible not to measure your child against others.
I searched for reasons. She had a long and traumatic birth – had it left her with slight brain damage? Did all that crying in the first year frazzle her synapses?
I grew weary of competitive mums with their "stealth boasting". "I'm so cross with Saffron," one said. "She's taught herself all her letters – she'll be so bored at school." I'd get a sick feeling when even the sweetest of friends would mention her child's progress, as I hated having to reply that, "No, Bella isn't doing that yet".
I felt protective of Bella – she didn't know she wasn't measuring up – but also disappointed. I desperately wanted her to be as good as, if not better than, her friends.

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/mothers-babies/why-isnt-my-child-as-clever-as-me-29233621.html

Born Yesterday

Tightly-folded bud,
I have wished you something
None of the others would:
Not the usual stuff
About being beautiful,
Or running off a spring
Of innocence and love -
They will all wish you that,
And should it prove possible,
Well, you're a lucky girl.

But if it shouldn't, then
May you be ordinary;
Have, like other women,
An average of talents:
Not ugly, not good-looking,
Nothing uncustomary
To pull you off your balance,
That, unworkable itself,
Stops all the rest from working.
In fact, may you be dull -
If that is what a skilled,
Vigilant, flexible,
Unemphasised, enthralled
Catching of happiness is called.

Looks like they're taking a leaf from the Daily Mail's site with this sort of shit. Linkbaiting at it's worst.

"By the time she was six, she was far behind her classmates and had developed a block about anything academic, because it was associated with stress and failure."

surprise surprise, you stupid fuck

"By the time she was six, she was far behind her classmates and had developed a block about anything academic, because it was associated with stress and failure."

surprise surprise, you stupid fuck

I don't even want to read this because it will make me upset. What is wrong with people? No kid should feel stressed at six.

Parents who are outliers have children who tend towards the mean rather then being deviating even more from what's usual. For example I'm 6'3", it's more likely that I would produce a son who is 6'0" than 6'5"*. This is partly down to gentetics but also down to the laws of large numbers. Similiarly a parent of exceptional intelligence might be expected to have a child who is bright but not as clever as them.

This person however appears to have bucked the trend by being a dummy who gave birth to an even thicker kid.

* There is a very small chance that I'll produce a son of any kind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back