What television series are you currently making your way through? (18 Viewers)

Picard season 3. It's an embarrassing mess but I'm sticking with it another while because Worf.
"I have made some chamomile tea"

I don't remember what happened for most of the first two episodes. My earlier complaints largely stand. But I do notice that the other day it had a three and a half star rating. After episode three, it now has a four and a half star rating on the bEsoz-masheen.

I do think that's generous, but ep3 was pretty good. Jonathan Frakes knows the canon, Stewart ex-produced.

At least, they didn't spin it off into the Worf/woman with a history Graham Greene in the future with extra John Wick spinoff.
Or the Crushers saving the Alpha quadrant spinoff
Or the old dudes talking about what is/was/could have been spinoff.

That would have been two to three series of complete shite, on average,at best.

I'm a bit tired of spinoffs.

where did he go?
I saw him being great in something recently... ooh..it was The Bear . He plays the uncle.

His appearance in a movie was usually a bad sign back in the day

I get what you mean, but he’s a character actor and a funny face is his greatest asset. Eisenberg just looks like a cunt
I too,get what you mean about Eisenberg. Bit of on insufferable face on him ,but I don't mind him.

I can deal with him basically aping Woody Allen at times,its like a cover version for the modern consumer.

Watched 'Trying' on AppleTV. Started it back in January but gave up after 3 episodes as they weren't doing it for us. But returned to it last week and it turned out to be great. Really lovely series, well acted, and very witty (with the odd tearjerker moment).

Still watching Seccession. On season 3 now.
Hmm it seems to have turned the corner where writers are writing things for these characters to do as opposed to writing a story that involves these characters.

Might have been posts/threads about this already but any of you lot watch Mr Inbetween ? On Disney plus. Aussie crime/drama/comedy. So bloody good. 3 seasons of it out there. Nearing the end of season 2 here. Episodes no longer than half hour. Been a while since I’ve liked a show so much. Main character is brilliant

Just totally bailed on a new Netflix show – Night Agent – about some FBI counterintel hooha
Hong Chau is in it, so I was all up for it

It’s about the dumbest thing I’ve watched in a while (no small feat!) and it got too dumb for even me at episode two
I’m genuinely relieved. I rode that Recruit pony til the end.

Still watching Seccession. On season 3 now.
Hmm it seems to have turned the corner where writers are writing things for these characters to do as opposed to writing a story that involves these characters.
They’re back at it. A terrible shower altogether.

Just totally bailed on a new Netflix show – Night Agent – about some FBI counterintel hooha
Hong Chau is in it, so I was all up for it

It’s about the dumbest thing I’ve watched in a while (no small feat!) and it got too dumb for even me at episode two
I’m genuinely relieved. I rode that Recruit pony til the end.
yeah its a bit brain dead but I'm all in on it because of Luciane Buchanan. I can't not see Rashida Jones when I'm staring freakishly at her.

yeah its a bit brain dead but I'm all in on it because of Luciane Buchanan. I can't not see Rashida Jones when I'm staring freakishly at her.
I watched another episode last night.

It would be believable to me if I was told that this thing was written by an AI

I'd take a look at Eve Harlow's boobs if they were going, but I don't think that's gonna happen

Here's the thing
If you're gonna have a show that has people getting shot in the head, characters saying to each other "I want to piss all over your face" and impotent dudes getting hot ladies off with their hand while screening phonecalls, and f-bombs all over the place...... then at least show me a goddamn boob

I will gladly accept a man ass for gaze balance.

watched the first two episodes of Rabbit Hole last night. I'll admit they got me on the premise

Nothing is what it seems when John Weir, master of corporate espionage, finds himself at the center of a shadowy conspiracy. After uncovering a dangerous plot by powerful forces with the ability to control populations and subvert democracy, Weir is framed for murder and put on the run, trying to figure out who and what is real in a reality turned upside down. As a man who deals in mistrust and deception, can John Weir trust a team of unlikely allies to outwit an enemy with deep ties to his past and who's bent on using our own data against us? John Weir must navigate a world of surveillance, misinformation and manipulation to uncover the man at the center of the plot and stop him before it's too late.

it's kiefer sutherland and he's being jack bauer again - OR IS HE? - and he's doing conspiracy stuff, and he's being framed and he can't trust anyone - OR CAN HE? - and people are dead - OR ARE THEY? - and there's heisty stuff and shooty stuff and some "look at how easy it is to social engineer people", and some strangely pointless - OR IS IT? -Tesla product placement that kind of goes nowhere - OR DOES IT? - and more than the necessary amount of DUN DUN DUNNNNN twist within a twist reveals.

This IMDB review gets it right, right up until the last sentence

This show begins with the worst beginning of any show. A flash forward. Everybody hates those, I know, but sit through it.

It begins as an episode of The Flight Attendand, so if you haven't turned off the telly after the flash forward, you probably will now. Don't. Sit through it.

Then, as you notice that Weir is a pawn in a complex game of chess, you remember that pawn in German is Bauer.

Then, as you notice this pawn is setting a complex trap, you remember the word for fish trap. Weir.

The bauer becomes the weir. The hunted becomes the hunter.

Now you are in the right mindset for this show which is the most well written mystery since the early episodes of Lost.

so yeah i'll probably watch the rest of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back