What television series are you currently making your way through? (6 Viewers)

Right now i'm watching

The Peripheral... i dunno man it's good I guess, but not great
Andor - i think this is my favourite thing on TV right now
Pennyworth - sticking with this although it's probably going to be the last series because that's how american tv is i suppose
War of The Worlds - third series, not great at all compared to the first one, and i really have to grit my teeth every time they mention that black hole, but i'll see it through
Avenue 5 - only watched the first episode of S2 so far but it was reasonably funny

I just finished The Peripheral. I thought it started off pretty strong but there was almost too much story for what they wanted to tell. It didn't all really gel as much as it should have. It feels like it could have done with another couple of episodes to resolve it. And
I hate shows that are written seemingly in the knowledge a second series will be made. I don't mind cliffhangers but there was little resolution.

I just finished The Peripheral. I thought it started off pretty strong but there was almost too much story for what they wanted to tell. It didn't all really gel as much as it should have. It feels like it could have done with another couple of episodes to resolve it. And
I hate shows that are written seemingly in the knowledge a second series will be made. I don't mind cliffhangers but there was little resolution.
yeah wasn't convinced by the ending at all, also
it's not at all clear on the internal rules of the premise - like how or if the passage of time in the past was linked to the passage of time in the future? i thought maybe it was 1 day in the 'present' = 1 day in the past once the stub was created, but then whatserface showed the Texas dog incident as if it was happening in real time with the implication that they could intervene in some way if they chose to... so why couldn't they just keep retrying the same murder attempt over and over until they got it right, instead of trying different things. maybe i just missed something

it's not at all clear on the internal rules of the premise - like how or if the passage of time in the past was linked to the passage of time in the future? i thought maybe it was 1 day in the 'present' = 1 day in the past once the stub was created, but then whatserface showed the Texas dog incident as if it was happening in real time with the implication that they could intervene in some way if they chose to... so why couldn't they just keep retrying the same murder attempt over and over until they got it right, instead of trying different things. maybe i just missed something

I think there was some things

Yeah, there was a certain muddle. The passage of time thing immediately jumped out. My brother who has read the source material said it is explained well there and some of the other stuff that seems vague in the show is better explained in the book, but I've not read and probably won't read it, so sloppy storytelling. A few episodes in I was happy to call it a solid 8, maybe a 9, but the last episode or two turned it into a 6. It reminded me of the original Dune movie, trying to pack too much in and not satisfying any strand of the story properly.

Guillermo Del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities

I'm disappointed it's such a mixed bag. Some good ones, some dreadful altogether

I love the idea of it so hopefully, there will be more and the overall quality will improve

Guillermo Del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities

I'm disappointed it's such a mixed bag. Some good ones, some dreadful altogether

I love the idea of it so hopefully, there will be more and the overall quality will improve

the first three (storage locker, the rats one, and the autopsy one) and the last two (70s scifi head melt, and the birdwatching ones) are the best - some of the others are a bit meh. but really enjoyed it overall

I think i watched maybe half of them, serious NOT BAD levels of Netflix going on.

I'm watching TNG for the first time since those glorious summers where it was on at 5pm every day. Riker still doesn't have a beard so it hardly counts so far.

The latest series of Rick and Morty. The latest episode was quite good but overall it seems like it has gone well past its peak. Most episodes seem like tired rethreads of earlier glories.

When they watch the footage in the RI Aelita says 'stop him' and the other one says it already happened 'long ago'.

IN FAIRNESS i thought jack reynor was very good in it.
When they watch the footage in the RI Aelita says 'stop him' and the other one says it already happened 'long ago'.
THIS IS TRUE but i was thinking... everything else has already happened long ago (except it hasn't because it's no longer "their" history) but they're still interfering, so does she mean it in an "it's already happened and can't be changed" way or in an "i could, but nah what's the point i can't be bothered" way. I should probably rewatch it.

IN FAIRNESS i thought jack reynor was very good in it.

THIS IS TRUE but i was thinking... everything else has already happened long ago (except it hasn't because it's no longer "their" history) but they're still interfering, so does she mean it in an "it's already happened and can't be changed" way or in an "i could, but nah what's the point i can't be bothered" way. I should probably rewatch it.
I think : can’t be changed, you want a do-over, you start new stub. And stub opening is heavily policed to avoid over-proliferation.

I think : can’t be changed, you want a do-over, you start new stub. And stub opening is heavily policed to avoid over-proliferation.
Yeah that makes sense - so the implication then is that from the moment the stub is created, time passes at the same speed in both “now” and “the past”. Grand.

Yeah that makes sense - so the implication then is that from the moment the stub is created, time passes at the same speed in both “now” and “the past”. Grand.
I'm ok with that theory. I finished out Seasons 3 and 4 of Westworld after a gap of a few years since Season 2 in between Peripheral episodes. The premises are bonkers, and the storytelling is off the chart, but I'm not sure if its any good, or is it just that perfect amount of confusion to keep me coming back for more

I'm ok with that theory. I finished out Seasons 3 and 4 of Westworld after a gap of a few years since Season 2 in between Peripheral episodes. The premises are bonkers, and the storytelling is off the chart, but I'm not sure if its any good, or is it just that perfect amount of confusion to keep me coming back for more
I really liked westworld.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back