What television series are you currently making your way through? (6 Viewers)

Picked up where we left off on Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, which was the middle of Season 3. I think it just got TOO MUCH. The time off was good for us, I like it again now and I love the songs. So much so that I've started listening to the albums. The songs are even better without the visuals. I be laughing out loud while trying to work.

The Undeclared War. Bit of a mess to be honest. Some really bad continuity/editing errors, pointless plot threads that go nowhere, characters doing things for no apparent reason, main character having to have random things explained to her (for the viewers benefit) that she really would know already.

Ironically enough lots of it feels like watching an educational/propaganda film about the dangers of social media manipulation - it’s pretty heavy handed but accurate enough I think.

Chris Pratt revenge fest The Terminal List
Lots of ops and lingo and killings and earnestness and particular sets of skills

The bad guy is smart cos he said 'verisimilitude' to his team in last night's episode
Either that or he's a big Fannies fan

Pratt has a sweeeet Land Cruiser in it

Love Island.

Its very dystopian. There is a colony of young, attractive women, living in isolation on a remote island, taking refuge from the ravages of society. Their existence, and way of life, is threatened as toxic male after toxic male tries to infiltrate them and deceive them into doing things they know are wrong, and don't want to do. At times the toxic males seem to get their way but then, at the last minute, the female collective drag their kin back from the precipice before they do something potentially fatal. And there seems to be no clothes on this island.

Its quite gripping, though poorly acted and scripted. All of the toxic males seem to be related as they look very alike (probably all brothers), and none of them seem terribly intelligent.

No idea what way its going to turn out but I will keep you posted. My guess is that one of the toxic males will do something, then one of the women will do something, and then other stuff will also happen.

Love Island.

Its very dystopian. There is a colony of young, attractive women, living in isolation on a remote island, taking refuge from the ravages of society. Their existence, and way of life, is threatened as toxic male after toxic male tries to infiltrate them and deceive them into doing things they know are wrong, and don't want to do. At times the toxic males seem to get their way but then, at the last minute, the female collective drag their kin back from the precipice before they do something potentially fatal. And there seems to be no clothes on this island.

Its quite gripping, though poorly acted and scripted. All of the toxic males seem to be related as they look very alike (probably all brothers), and none of them seem terribly intelligent.

No idea what way its going to turn out but I will keep you posted. My guess is that one of the toxic males will do something, then one of the women will do something, and then other stuff will also happen.

Davide and Ekkin Su FTW!

Just finished Umbrella Academy

Another reset show
The whole season was like one big episode of Quantum Leap
Enjoyable enough, but no real payoff

Chris Pratt revenge fest The Terminal List
Lots of ops and lingo and killings and earnestness and particular sets of skills

The bad guy is smart cos he said 'verisimilitude' to his team in last night's episode
Either that or he's a big Fannies fan

Pratt has a sweeeet Land Cruiser in it
It's interesting watching this.

During lockdown I took to playing Call of Duty mobile. Having never played it on a console, I sort of thought there was a plotline to the game. But there isn't, they give a glimpse of some interesting looking characters, and then you apply your own narrative to it, if you like.
It's like when I was young and the Starcom guys were fighting my Lego robots or the GI Joe guys and the matchbox cars were also there for some reason.

That's what this show is like. Pratt is an American agent of death, but he's best mate talks like a hippy. They're manly, but they hug each other brother. Ooh, look at that, he can even speak Mexican. Are big corporations bad? Is big government bad? Did he vote Trump, did he vote Biden? Did he wear a facemask? Yeah, probably, whatever you want yourself.

It's interesting watching this.

During lockdown I took to playing Call of Duty mobile. Having never played it on a console, I sort of thought there was a plotline to the game. But there isn't, they give a glimpse of some interesting looking characters, and then you apply your own narrative to it, if you like.
It's like when I was young and the Starcom guys were fighting my Lego robots or the GI Joe guys and the matchbox cars were also there for some reason.

That's what this show is like. Pratt is an American agent of death, but he's best mate talks like a hippy. They're manly, but they hug each other brother. Ooh, look at that, he can even speak Mexican. Are big corporations bad? Is big government bad? Did he vote Trump, did he vote Biden? Did he wear a facemask? Yeah, probably, whatever you want yourself.

I like whatever the name of the trope is – you messed with the wrong guy, or whatever you want to call it.

Well, these fucks don’t know who they’re messing with!

And it is well-directed. That montage that opened up the second or third episode - where it's after the clinic shooting - was class.
The home invasion at the golf course house was done well, creepy as heck.
I have only gotten as far as the golf course episode.

That said, there is a strong right-wing salve to the whole story line.
He’s a decent guy but written off as crazy, which is how the right see themselves a lot of the time.
Big business and bad government and just generally people with no honour have betrayed this decent guy (and America!), who just wants a simple life with his family.
Lots and lots and lots of guns.
When the bad Iranian guy dies it’s on Fox. Etc.
This is the world we’re in. I think?
Or I'm hyper sensitive to this stuff because of the world in 2022.

There are also small - but deniable - icky parts, like where they have the Jewish guy be the skeezy deal closer…. who must die.
Brave nude work by Sean Gunn, it has to be said. But a name like Saul is not lost on certain audiences.

But I like shows that are very watchable and I am just marginally smarter than.

Really cool Land Cruiser (FJ62?). Really cool sunglasses. Both out of my price range in this lifetime.

I could post this to Middle aged pleasures, but, I've been getting stuck in Come dine with me: The professionals. Come dine with me, but with restaurateurs instead of regular folk.

The Old Man.

A very good show about ageing, loss, and legacy, and featuring Jeff Bridges as the titular old man who’s
a former CIA agent in hiding, John Wick-ing the living shit out of anyone that gets in his way.

The Bear. It’s fantastic. The most gripping, compelling, and well-acted show I’ve seen in years. I tore through the eight episodes. Anyone who has ever worked in a kitchen will immediately relate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back