What television series are you currently making your way through? (5 Viewers)

I realise this probably makes me a bad person, but i do not hate The Pentaverate, after completely expecting to

Drifters on Netflix. Its Inbetweeners type humour with 2 of the love interests from the Inbetweeners Movie (written by one of them). Short episodes, mostly throwaway stuff, but you get the odd belly-laugh. The first season is worth the watch. The seasons after, not so much.

The Mayor Of Kingstown ..like a 70's blaxploitation movie but modern . Brilliantish

Outer Range.

Not sure about this. I liked it well enough but feel it could be "better".

It's reminding me of "Dark" with the flip-flopping between time periods

Also, the CGI on the buffalo herd? Pee-yew

Finished Ted Lasso S2 last night. Sure, it's a very Americanised view of English life, and an idealistic view of male relationships that completely avoids the usual toxicity that we all know exists, but I still thought it was great. One of the most positive TV shows out there.

Finished Ted Lasso S2 last night. Sure, it's a very Americanised view of English life, and an idealistic view of male relationships that completely avoids the usual toxicity that we all know exists, but I still thought it was great. One of the most positive TV shows out there.
Didn't enjoy s2 at all after loving s1

Started on Star Trek: Strange New Worlds last night. Pretty good! Very much the closest one to the original series yet. Well, after 1 episode anyway.

Under the Banner of Heaven. True crime drama about murder and conspiracy in the Mormon community. This is really good. Reminds me of True Detective season 1. They go hard on the Mormons.

The Essex Serpent. Decent enough historical romance with a hint of folk horror. Good atmosphere. Makes Essex look like a spooky backwater which i guess it was at the time.

Also watching We Own This City which is a return to the streets of Baltimore for David Simon and co. Very Wirelike story of corrupt cops and drug dealers with tons of Wire cast members. Jon Bernthal is a fucking star though. The man just commands the screen like an insanely charismatic neanderthal

Shining Girls. It’s good so far but I can’t help wonder why so many tv shows have to feature so much graphic violence against women? Why is that most men can just get shot and fall over, but women almost always have to be shown being stalked, chased, attacked, subdued, tortured, and killed. It's not healthy.

Shining Girls. It’s good so far but I can’t help wonder why so many tv shows have to feature so much graphic violence against women? Why is that most men can just get shot and fall over, but women almost always have to be shown being stalked, chased, attacked, subdued, tortured, and killed. It's not healthy.
See also: Rape as a plot device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back