What television series are you currently making your way through? (4 Viewers)

The Gilded Age - this got a well deserved one star review in the Guardian. Julian Fellowes series a about new money vs old money in 1880s New York. Absolute trash. I'm hooked after all 77 mins of episode one.

Foundation on apple+, enjoying it so far (up to ep 7)

high fidelity on disney+, not bad, as with the film the record shop bits are entertaining, the relationshippy stuff zzzzzzzzzzzz

Sounds like a rip-off of Charles Stross Laundry series of books. There's even one called The Atrocity Archive(s?). Doubt Stross would mind much though, he's probably got plenty of dough at this point anyway

Currently watching Marvel's hit-Monkey. An animation about a Japanese Macaque accompanied by the ghost of a hit man, killing loads of Yakuza, involved in a political assassination conspiracy.

herself wanted to watch the Neflix series about Georgina Rodriguez. Fuck me it was appalling, and she seems like a complete prick. Its only 6 episodes butt each one felt a year long, it was so painful to watch.

And then episode 1 of the new Ozark season. That was great. Looking forward to the rest of it.

Ok, this is actually deadly. Occultism, secret societies, ritual sacrifice, old gods, alternate universes. All the good stuff
I nearly gave up after episode two but on episode five now and loving it. I know what you mean about the acting (the main character in the past with the camera) but it works as you get into it. Lots of Dante’s Inferno references (characters called Dan, Beatrice, and Virgil along with bits of graffiti with terms like “Enfer” dotted throughout the place). I think my favourite thing is the cool circular breathing chant, could easily join a cult that did that all day.

I nearly gave up after episode two but on episode five now and loving it. I know what you mean about the acting (the main character in the past with the camera) but it works as you get into it. Lots of Dante’s Inferno references (characters called Dan, Beatrice, and Virgil along with bits of graffiti with terms like “Enfer” dotted throughout the place). I think my favourite thing is the cool circular breathing chant, could easily join a cult that did that all day.
Yeah I nearly did too but glad I stuck with it. I think they could’ve done without the framing narrative of the guy restoring videotapes and just told the story about the cult in the building but hopefully it pays off

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back