What television series are you currently making your way through? (6 Viewers)

How comes? I don't think it warrants all the raving about it but it was entertaining enough
I was happy enough to keep watching but herself wasn't feeling it. And it's not good enough to bother watching it on my own.

If I was 10 on the other hand...greatest show since V.

Just finished Final Space and I’m furious to find out that it isn’t been renewed for a fourth season. It’s so good, if you like Iain M. Banks Culture and Futurama, it’s worth a watch but a warning that it ends very unsatisfactorily.

I am still watching TOTP reruns. it's now about October 1991, finally Everything I Do I Do It For You is no longer #1.
by this stage I had given up watching TOTP (I rarely watched it regularly at the best of times).

so the latest news from 1991 is that there was a disastrous rebrand of the show about August 1991:
appaling new theme music - like a 5 years old's version of poppy house music (makes Paul Hardcastle's bad old theme, sound amazing). 0/10.
the graphics are egregious. awful looking crap that's hard to read - 0/10.
no chart countdown beyond the top 10.

the saving graces were the singing now seems to be live, along with some of the instrumentals.
there is finally a good amount of diversity in the presenters - all folks of late that I never heard of.

I am still watching TOTP reruns. it's now about October 1991, finally Everything I Do I Do It For You is no longer #1.
by this stage I had given up watching TOTP (I rarely watched it regularly at the best of times).

so the latest news from 1991 is that there was a disastrous rebrand of the show about August 1991:
appaling new theme music - like a 5 years old's version of poppy house music (makes Paul Hardcastle's bad old theme, sound amazing). 0/10.
the graphics are egregious. awful looking crap that's hard to read - 0/10.
no chart countdown beyond the top 10.

the saving graces were the singing now seems to be live, along with some of the instrumentals.
there is finally a good amount of diversity in the presenters - all folks of late that I never heard of.
Have you tried the Chart Music podcast? Dunno if it's going to be your bag, you've got to let the music journalists feel important about themselves a bit. But when im in the mood I really enjoy it.

Anyone else watching Fairfax??? cartoon series on Amazon. Sending up modern/Internet lifestyle. I think.

Have you tried the Chart Music podcast? Dunno if it's going to be your bag, you've got to let the music journalists feel important about themselves a bit. But when im in the mood I really enjoy it.
to be honest I am only watching TOTP for nostalgia.
I usually fast foward through it and it takes me about 6 minutes on average to watch an episode.
often all the songs are terrible and I thought so at the time.
they started the reruns with 1976 and 1978-82 was definitely the best era.
I nearly know enough about 1970s/80s/early 90s pop at this stage.

I am giving a Chart Music podcast from 1977 a go -
Chart Music #62: November 3rd 1977 – WHOO! HEY!
I never really listen to pocasts. the odd insightful thought so far but plenty of waffling.
I haven't followed popular music for 28 years, so when TOTP gets to autumn 1993 I'll be going into the unknown.

After finishing the very enjoyable* "Thrillers", I'm making my way through "Journey to the Unknown". Similar format, American/UK production, self-contained mystery stories with a Twilight Zone twist in the end. Also, in a similar vein to Thrillers, it features actors whose careers or waning/waxing, so lots of familiar faces.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

* apart from the Stephen Rea/Gayle Hunnicut episode which was execrable rubbish

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back