What television series are you currently making your way through? (4 Viewers)

Watching squid games too. I watch a lot of Korean movies and shows and the English dialogue and actors are always awful. Can't comment in it yet because only on episode one but pretty fucking delighted to see Gong Yoo of Train to Busan and hottest man ever fame is in it 🌶️🌶️🌶️🥵🥵🥵🥵
I knew I recognised him!

Watched the Paul Merson Gambling thing on BBC last night.

Hard going in places, especially the interviews with people with family members who have had gambling addictions and ended up committing suicide.

Gambling, if it gets its claws into you, seems really hard to shake. He said that he's been an alcoholic and a cocaine addict but they don't bother him much any more, but the urge for a bet never leaves him alone. Very sad

Last edited:
Watched the Paul Merson Gambling thing on BBC last night.

Hard going in places, especially the interviews with family members who have had gambling addictions and ended up committing suicide.

Gambling, if it gets its claws into you, seems really hard to shake. He said that he's been an alcoholic and a cocaine addict but they don't bother him much any more, but the urge for a bet never leaves him alone. Very sad
They say it's the worst addiction because it's entirely to yourself and your own brain? There's no stimulant really.

I don't know if an addictive personality is or is not actually a thing but I've always been a bit too afraid to start online poker or anything like that just in case. I do love fruit machines though...

The Walking Dead: World Beyond S2. Still very much the YOUNG ADULT zombie apocalypse show but interesting in a general WD world-building way.

Squid Game - 1 episode in. I like it.

They say it's the worst addiction because it's entirely to yourself and your own brain? There's no stimulant really.

Yeah he mentioned that aspect of it, There's very little effort needed to indulge the addiction.

I got into football betting a wee but about 12 years ago. I think I probably wound up being marginally behind but not by much but in the end stopped because I found it was impacting how I enjoyed the game. "It mattes more when you've a bet on" or whatever the slogan is, that's right but part of why I love sport so much is because it doesn't matter, I can enjoy it and park all my other stresses during a match.

I used to play poker 2-3 times a week for a few years. I was a decent player at the €25 game level (I tracked it and usually came out 200-300 ahead over the course of the year), and I was comfortable with the idea that my buy in and the cost of a couple of soft drinks in the pub was a reasonable cost of a night out. But I'd play the odd €50 or even €150 (c rarely, if I'd been on a good run) game and when I lost I'd be so angry with myself for wasting the money. Probably for the best.

Yeah he mentioned that aspect of it, There's very little effort needed to indulge the addiction.

I got into football betting a wee but about 12 years ago. I think I probably wound up being marginally behind but not by much but in the end stopped because I found it was impacting how I enjoyed the game. "It mattes more when you've a bet on" or whatever the slogan is, that's right but part of why I love sport so much is because it doesn't matter, I can enjoy it and park all my other stresses during a match.

I used to play poker 2-3 times a week for a few years. I was a decent player at the €25 game level (I tracked it and usually came out 200-300 ahead over the course of the year), and I was comfortable with the idea that my buy in and the cost of a couple of soft drinks in the pub was a reasonable cost of a night out. But I'd play the odd €50 or even €150 (c rarely, if I'd been on a good run) game and when I lost I'd be so angry with myself for wasting the money. Probably for the best.
I got into betting a bit years and years ago when I stuck 15 quid on 15 football matches and won 3500 quid. After that I got the 3500 up to about 6000, betting on shit like tennis (Federer was king at the time) and basketball and snooker. Then there was that champions league final with AC Milan and Liverpool, at half-time I stuck 1000 on AC Milan to win haha. After that I stopped any major betting, but hey I finished ahead.

Every now and then I do the odd bet, sometimes just a tenner on funny stuff (If San Marino had beaten Albania I would have got 3 grand haha), usually 10 or 20 on something I'm going to watch for a bit of extra interest. But I don't do it much, like maybe once every 3 months or so on average. It sure is a dangerous game.

I learned to play poker before that, when I was working in this call centre and we had loads of time sitting around doing fuck all, ha. Me and this other lad used to go and play in a tournament every Monday that was 30 quid in. It was a good laugh for a Monday night, I'd generally just go with the 30 and not do re-buy shit, a lot of the other people there would re-buy at least once. I'm actually quite good at poker as a result of this, but I don't play much so am 'out of practice', and it doesn't much interest me to start playing much again.
For maybe a year I used to play in this Friday night tournament that was generally around 30 quid entry as well, sometimes I'd do a rebuy, but this place had a blackjack table in the corner. I was ridiculously lucky on the blackjack, almost every week when I went out of the poker tournament, I'd stick a tenner down on the blackjack table and come off it with 80 quid. They hated me hahaha, because I knew when to stop when the going was good. Blackjack tables expect you to win a bit and then just blow it all on a couple of bad hands, I'd win a bit and then leave ha.

I know a guy who was 'just doing the odd bet every week' on football for a year or two, and one day he sat down and figured out how much he'd spent in that couple of years, and he was down like 15-20 grand. Betting is a joker's game, it's only really 'viable' as a thing if you have total iron discipline, otherwise it should only ever be the odd time with a small amount for a bit of a laugh.
Poker is a bit different, you can develop a certain skill at it, but what it requires is absolute patience and time. I'd have the patience up to a point, but then it'd hit like 3am and I'd be like "Fuck it, let's end this now so I can go home and go to sleep"

A couple of episodes into Mr. Corman. Its ok, I could very easily not bother going back to it though.
Also started season 2 of The Morning Show. Horrible rich people yelling at each other. That's enough of that.

We're watching a show called Kevin can fuck himself. Interesting concept, character called Kevin, who is a generic sitcom idiot, and it's set/filmed like a sitcom with him, but once it's with his wife and other characters, it becomes a dark drama.

We're watching a show called Kevin can fuck himself. Interesting concept, character called Kevin, who is a generic sitcom idiot, and it's set/filmed like a sitcom with him, but once it's with his wife and other characters, it becomes a dark drama.
it's pretty good

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back