What television series are you currently making your way through? (18 Viewers)

It has aged technically. The audio drop ins are really obvious for example.
They move very quickly compared to modern programs. They killed someone and had a funeral and some fallout all in one episodeI watched yesterday. in 2021 that would have covered 5 episodes.

I’ve watched it through twice and I still think it really drops off towards the end. It was better the second time but the last season, maybe two were noticeably stretched in comparison to the early ones.

Actually, how many shows go on that long and stay top of their game? The Wire’s last season was also a bit of a bogie.

Just finished Limetown. It was on Facebook Watch a couple of years ago but was cancelled after 1 series. 10 episodes, about 30 minutes each, of Jessica Biel unravelling a conspiracy while also in search of her uncle Stanley Tucci for her definitely-not-NPR radio show (SLASH Serial-style podcast i assume).

It’s good, but not great, and absolutely does not require a second series at all anyway. Worth checking out if you’re into stuff like ehhh Homecoming, maybe(?), with a dash of almost meta-commentary on Facebook itself.

Watched as much as I could stomach of Schmeigadoon (spelling). Horrible shite.
Watched Ep 1 of S2 of Ted Lasso, meh.
Still watching Physical, getting tedious.
Still trucking through The Sopranos. Good.

Uprising. It's only three episodes but it does feel a bit long.

I don't know what it would mean to anyone else, but I'm pretty sure I've bumped into some of the people interviewed here. And it's very strange that all this was happening while the Ra were wrecking the gaff. England was fuuuuuuuuucked back then. I suppose it's very slowly being less shit.

Stardust even gets a mention, which is shocking in the context.

Anyway it's oscar winner Steve McQueen. You know it's gonna be quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back