What television series are you currently making your way through? (20 Viewers)

people got much older much younger back then
i think i've said it before but something that sort of freaks me out is thinking about my early memories of my parents, or photos of me with them when i was a kid, and then working out how old they were at the time, and then thinking about how old i am now....

Seeing pics of "80's football legends!" Or whatever. They all look so old, even though they're only in their early 20's.

Or, seeing as this thread is about TV shows, If you've ever seen Scully, you watch it now and Andrew Schofield looks haggered as fuck. A 22 year old, playing a 16 year old, who to our modern eyes looks like a 40 year old.

Finished this last night. It's pretty good, fairly bleak stuff. It's also very European, which is nice for a change in my post apocalyptic TV show viewing.

On to series 2 tonight where it'll probably all turn to shite.

le sigh

Seeing pics of "80's football legends!" Or whatever. They all look so old, even though they're only in their early 20's.

Or, seeing as this thread is about TV shows, If you've ever seen Scully, you watch it now and Andrew Schofield looks haggered as fuck. A 22 year old, playing a 16 year old, who to our modern eyes looks like a 40 year old.

never heard of this! just barely predates my 36 years as a footie fan.
great fun and one the best opening credits ever:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Kenny, Souness, Rushie, Brucie, Hansen, Lawro, Nicol, Neal, Alan Kennedy, Mick Robinson (1958-2020), Sammy Lee, Craig Johnston and a few Everton legends inc Graeme Sharp and Nev Southall coming up the tunnel at Anfield
where was Ronnie Whelan though?

You really never heard of that? I'm not a footy fan, I just needed a grounding in the mindset of Nawvern Engleand, For my own reasons. It's a good show as I remember, despite it's flaws. But I watched it maybe 13 years ago, along with Boys From The Black Stuff, which is fucking ace.

But hey, glad to be of service.

You really never heard of that? I'm not a footy fan, I just needed a grounding in the mindset of Nawvern Engleand, For my own reasons. It's a good show as I remember, despite it's flaws. But I watched it maybe 13 years ago, along with Boys From The Black Stuff, which is fucking ace.

But hey, glad to be of service.
We didn't have the UK TV channels at time and apart from a short spell (86-87) we never had the main UK TV channels (and even then it was only when they felt like working) until about the mid 90's. I saw little of BBC, ITV or Channel 4 growing up. For bogger kids of my generation it was the crap broadband/no broadband of our day.
Still strange I never heard of Scully considering all the folks involved.

Watched Murder at the cottage the other night. Still no clearer on who killed Sophie. Ian Bailey, does himself no favours. The Garda detective just comes across so arrogantly. No time for looking or acknowledging the many, many failings there. It's Jules that I'd feel sorry for, clearly a victim of domestic violence, and then also persecuted for the murder.

I tend to feel the same, but usually enjoy them when I end up watching them. By them I mean The Godfather and Goodfellas.

Watched Murder at the cottage the other night. Still no clearer on who killed Sophie. Ian Bailey, does himself no favours. The Garda detective just comes across so arrogantly. No time for looking or acknowledging the many, many failings there. It's Jules that I'd feel sorry for, clearly a victim of domestic violence, and then also persecuted for the murder.
THE GUARDS DID IT

I think I've drawn a line under the Marvel stuff with Wandavision. Ending with the finale of phase 3 or whatever it was with the movies seems like good place to bow out. There's just to much content.

Loki is good fun. Falcon & Winter Soldier was grand but I believe it was edited to bits to remove some global pandemic related sub plot that was a bit too close to reality, and it left a few holes. New Black Widow movie looks good, but I’m not sold on the Shang Chi one (probably my casual racism) but Eternals could be good? I have high hopes for the new Spider-Man movie, and Sam Raimi doing the next Dr Strange is promising…. Yeah I don’t know what you mean by too much content.

Started on Loki, two episodes in. Hiddles and Owen are great in it but the story is already in typical Marvel “throw enough time travel at it and we’ll bludgeon the viewer into think we’re very clever”. Not sure I’ll see it through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back