What television series are you currently making your way through? (8 Viewers)

White Teeth. The trials of a Bangladeshi family in the UK over a few decades. Funny in places. Nothing to write home about.
Watched one episode of some bullshit about human/animal hybrids on Netflix about a kid who is half deer. I very much doubt we'll get back to it. Called Sugar Teeth or something.

First season is a really adaptation of the book. After that, your mileage may very but I think it’s mostly been pretty great. Latest season could go either way.

It is grim. It's grim as feck, but hey that's how many people live in this world. The wife watched half of episode one and was very triggered. Proper freaked out.

It's far from perfect. I don't think it's over-stylised I think it has a distinctive style. Yeah the characters act oddly with each other, but I think that's in keeping with the show.

I didn't like that Margaret Atwood took offence to it being called science fiction, like she taught sci-fi was a dirty word. It is a dystopian near future world.

it's not good, it's absurd, the characters don't talk and act like real people, and it's overly stylised. but it's watchable
Hard disagree, the stylisation is one of it’s major strongpoints. And the contrast between how people act in Canada/the before times vs. in Gilead highlights the pervasiveness of the oppression in Gilead (in my opinion).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back