What television series are you currently making your way through? (9 Viewers)

Wasn't shite. Heavy close-to-the-bone subject matter, while still being something entirely fictional, so that was always going to be difficult.

The bit where they start talking Irish was a bit Junior Cert. But I imagine it'd play well in the international markets.

The Line of Duty season finale, as lukewarm as I'd heard, not helped by the many unavoidable spoilers online.

Is The Bodyguard by the same creator worth a look?

I think the LoD finale will age well, like The Soprano's ending. Not as good obvs. We'll see.

I would also like to hear opinions on The Bodyguard show.

I started watching What We In The Shadows. I'm probably not paying enough attention to get the nuanced humour.

I haven't seen much to suggest that Line of Duty has definately ended there. They could surely make another series if they wanted.
Heard The Bodyguard is good, but I haven't seen it. Kevin Costner job and all.

I’ve never seen a line of duty, but The Bodyguard is ok. Has a well done oh noes there’s a sniper shooting at us scene in one episode.

Edit:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I’ve never seen a line of duty, but The Bodyguard is ok. Has a well done oh noes there’s a sniper shooting at us scene in one episode.

Edit:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fuck that was class. Now I'm gonna watch this show and be disappointed when the whole thing isn't just that haha

The plot does fairly well really, but sure with anything of that scope it's easy to find holes.
On season 4 now I think and yeah, the plot holds together. It's just really noticeable how everytime something is mentioned that sounds really big it happens literally the next scene, there's no build up. "I have a wacky, universe changing idea" and then they immediately do it. Or if there's a callback reference it's usually a callback to earlier in that episode. Have you read the books? I imagine it all happens a bit slower in there.

Purposely avoiding all the official threads for spoilers.

On season 4 now I think and yeah, the plot holds together. It's just really noticeable how everytime something is mentioned that sounds really big it happens literally the next scene, there's no build up. "I have a wacky, universe changing idea" and then they immediately do it. Or if there's a callback reference it's usually a callback to earlier in that episode. Have you read the books? I imagine it all happens a bit slower in there.

Purposely avoiding all the official threads for spoilers.
Yeah I've read the books. There's not a huge amount of difference with the show, but the last couple of books have started to feel a bit silly, I think they' maybe lost the freshness. Or possibly they started writing with the show in mind, as it feels like those later books would actually be easier to adapt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back