What television series are you currently making your way through? (12 Viewers)

Late to the party as usual, but two episodes sides in tonseason one of Line of Duty and really enjoying it.

Your one from Our Friends in the North hasn't aged at all.

Late to the party as usual, but two episodes sides in tonseason one of Line of Duty and really enjoying it.

Your one from Our Friends in the North hasn't aged at all.

It stays quite consistent throughout the whole thing, as if Jed Mercurio has somehow cracked the code of the police procedural.

I actually had to turn off the episode I was watching last night as there were too many abbreviations and accusations and "oooh, what did he mean by that look??" moments.

In a good way.

Superstore has tailed off a bit in series 4.
it definitely loses a bit of something towards the tail end of 4 and into season 5. It becomes a bit more slapstick, than the layered humour in the early seasons.

But they set themselves an impossibly high standard to maintain. I still really enjoyed the later seasons, despite the slight drop off in quality.

Season 6 of Superstore handles pandemic stuff quite well, I thought. Any other shows that are still filming appear to be ignoring Covid completely, Superstore has made it another storyline, like the tornado. Sad it's all finished now

Season 6 of Superstore handles pandemic stuff quite well, I thought. Any other shows that are still filming appear to be ignoring Covid completely, Superstore has made it another storyline, like the tornado. Sad it's all finished now
Yeah, I liked the handling of the pandemic, but some of the character stuff was a bit naff/rushed I thought

Made it through Series 4 and a couple of episodes into 5 of Superstore. Sad to see them all become caricatures of themselves. It did have a couple of subtle social themes, minimum wage, wage inequality, union stuff, Mateo's legal status.
I'll be sorry to reach the end.

Made it through Series 4 and a couple of episodes into 5 of Superstore. Sad to see them all become caricatures of themselves. It did have a couple of subtle social themes, minimum wage, wage inequality, union stuff, Mateo's legal status.
I'll be sorry to reach the end.
From this thread, it seems like seasons 1-3 of Superstore are like 4-10 of Simpsons, and then the seasons after that are like Simpsons season 12+

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back