What television series are you currently making your way through? (1 Viewer)

Them on Amazon prime. Horror about a black family in the 50s who move into a white neighbourhood and get terrorised by supernatural and real world ghouls. The racist neighbours are much scarier than the ghosts which are very textbook horror movie tropes

He hid that well in fairness. Whimsical yes, twee maybe, but anger definitely didn’t come across in any of the *chortle fantasy* that I read by him.
I suppose what i'm saying is that his humour comes from a frustration at the world, at injustice, not from the whimsical viewpoint of "oh, aren't us eccentric Brits just the best" or anything.

When I finish my chronological run through of Discworld (sometime about 2025 most likely based on my current rate) i'll let you know how it all stacks up. I'd say a lot of it is going to look very end-of-history 1990s, where there appears to be no hope for any change so all you can do is gnash your teeth bitterly. There's definitely some bad books.

What's great about Superstore is how much I like it in spite of the two annoying leads. The supporting characters are so well developed and written they can carry the show regardless.

@Anthony Just wait til Glen's penis

Halfway through Series 2. Black Friday episode was great.
I like how Jonah over explains everything and everyone else rolls their eyes. I LOLed when it was revealed he was was making a documentary about Black Friday.

What's great about Superstore is how much I like it in spite of the two annoying leads. The supporting characters are so well developed and written they can carry the show regardless.

@Anthony Just wait til Glen's penis
I think thats a large part of the point of it though. The 2 leads are a pain in the hole, and come across all high and mighty, but the others continually show them up as idiots. Making them as annoying as they are makes this all the funnier imo.

Poor Ginsberg, IIRC he was written off the show when they clearly didn't know what to do with him and ran with "What if he went crazy really quickly?" and did it over about two episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back